Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
nahuel, to bad you're in Argentina ,I have both sets of extensions I'd like to sell. If you're going to ride on the street I think you will want the 6 inch ,they will help with your 60ft at the track but are still good on the street ,the stock gearing is actually good at the track , if you gear it down it just wants to wheelie,its a fun bike to race , challenging,and relatively quick for what it is ,have fun and keep us posted !

·
Registered
11 Posts
nahuel, to bad you're in Argentina ,I have both sets of extensions I'd like to sell. If you're going to ride on the street I think you will want the 6 inch ,they will help with your 60ft at the track but are still good on the street ,the stock gearing is actually good at the track , if you gear it down it just wants to wheelie,its a fun bike to race , challenging,and relatively quick for what it is ,have fun and keep us posted !
Thank you CW! I just sent you a private message for the sets you d like to sell. I see you have tried different combinations for the track, which would you say it was the best for 1/8 mile drag race? In terms of extension 6 or 10, sprockets gearing combiantion (since i ll put a 520 new extended chain i could change gearing too),and other change you would recomen. Your experience would be really helpfull for me. Thank you mate!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
15 45 is a good place to start will put you thru the right in 4th gear,thru the quarter in 5th ,but also still usable on the street .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you Cw! I finally decided to go with the long extensions to go full drag. Gearing i will take your advice on 15 - 45! I will let you the results in race once i have the bike on track. Cheers!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I made 8 passes last night in Gainesville ,had 5 runs in the 9.9s pair of 9.91s best ,it was less than perfect conditions so I was happy with what I got done

·
Registered
11 Posts
9.9!!! That is fast!! Today i received my elements for the bike, so next weekend i will go to try 1/8 mille. Any advice on rear suspension setting? I have 10" extensions

·
Registered
669 Posts
If you're on the stock shock ,all the preload and full hard on rebound ,it's probably overwhelmed by the stretch

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, i have the oem shock absorber, but i am installing a rear lowering link. I dont know weather to put the link all low or in the middle. Did you lower your bike too?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went yesterday to try for the first time the bike to the drags. I did 6,63 with 0.01rt. I want to put a shinko tire since the used metzeler i have slips a lot. Do you recomend to do something to the clutch? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
I had a fun TNT last night three runs in the 9.8s,two 9.9s new best of 9.808 ,that's pretty close to 9.7 so I guess I have a new goal !

·
Registered
669 Posts
I spent the yesterday at sgmp ,made a bunch of 1/4 mile tests and did some 1/8 mile bracket racing,had a blast and got the orange bike a new zip code !!! She's officially a 9.7 bike now!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I don't know why but I can't post pics today , but I ran a 9.79 ,and bumped that a couple runs later with a 9.76

·
Registered
669 Posts
So this past weekend at sgmp mancup races on Friday night I ran a new best 9.68 at 135.3 ,then on sat morning a guy on a 17 runs a 9.64 !! He's a very good rider and just getting started on the fz I'll do my best to keep up with him !

161 - 180 of 181 Posts