Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 232 Posts

· Registered
999 Posts
nahuel, to bad you're in Argentina ,I have both sets of extensions I'd like to sell. If you're going to ride on the street I think you will want the 6 inch ,they will help with your 60ft at the track but are still good on the street ,the stock gearing is actually good at the track , if you gear it down it just wants to wheelie,its a fun bike to race , challenging,and relatively quick for what it is ,have fun and keep us posted !

· Registered
11 Posts
nahuel, to bad you're in Argentina ,I have both sets of extensions I'd like to sell. If you're going to ride on the street I think you will want the 6 inch ,they will help with your 60ft at the track but are still good on the street ,the stock gearing is actually good at the track , if you gear it down it just wants to wheelie,its a fun bike to race , challenging,and relatively quick for what it is ,have fun and keep us posted !
Thank you CW! I just sent you a private message for the sets you d like to sell. I see you have tried different combinations for the track, which would you say it was the best for 1/8 mile drag race? In terms of extension 6 or 10, sprockets gearing combiantion (since i ll put a 520 new extended chain i could change gearing too),and other change you would recomen. Your experience would be really helpfull for me. Thank you mate!!

· Registered
11 Posts
I went yesterday to try for the first time the bike to the drags. I did 6,63 with 0.01rt. I want to put a shinko tire since the used metzeler i have slips a lot. Do you recomend to do something to the clutch? Thanks!

Attachments

· Registered
999 Posts
So this past weekend at sgmp mancup races on Friday night I ran a new best 9.68 at 135.3 ,then on sat morning a guy on a 17 runs a 9.64 !! He's a very good rider and just getting started on the fz I'll do my best to keep up with him !

161 - 180 of 232 Posts