Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

· Registered
999 Posts
I'm around 150 in leathers which helps ..as has been said before it's all about the first 1/8 th ...the quick shifter was a noticeable improvement a tenth or two and smoother ..and my graphite is HP challenged it only dynos 109 with mods

· Registered
999 Posts
What strap are you guys running and where did you get it? I looked on many sites including
Schnitz and they have no strap for the fz. Are you guys using a strap for another model i.e. R1?
One guy at the beginning of this thread said he used a Brock's strap ,you can use a universal strap and put a threaded rod thru the front axle for an attachment point

· Registered
999 Posts
I saw that extreme creations makes 8 inch extenders for our bike and thought about that being the next mod if I ever got it down into mid 10's with the stock wheels base. I'm really curious what these things can run with a super hard 60 foot. Will you have to extend the brake line or use lowering link? Curious to see what you run with them since you already run 10.4 stock wheel base!
I would have liked the longer ones but found these so they'll have to do for now , extreme has just come out with anew set that matches the look of the swing arm

· Registered
999 Posts
Yeah, I was in A mode most of the runs. Goal for the day was to break the 10 sec mark and I was quite happy, but seeing now how easy it is to hit 10s short shifting, i know the bike has more and I need to work on my technique. I'll strap it down next time out and go from there.

It was pleasant to see the new r1 and rsv4 struggle into 10.4 with all the gizmos and launch control, and seeing the fz beat them off the line. Considering the fact that we're acting as a parachute on this bike, it is quite impressive how quick it can get to a certein speed. After 100mph it just dies tho compared to sport bikes.
Don't expect much from the strap the front is so light it doesn't seem to help,my best times are without it

· Registered
999 Posts
It is way better ! There's still some lift at the initial clutch release but after that run right on the stop,it needs some adjusting but I wanted to go with just the swingarm change to see the difference , beat my best by .32 and have to "relearn" how to launch

1 - 20 of 104 Posts