Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm having a blast trying to get better at this,and getting in the9s definitely a milestone for me, but a stretched stock liter bike will gap me a full second,so yeah it's fast till you line up next to a fast bike !on the clutch issue I have the extreme creation billet basket,barrnetts plates and springs

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't know if any of you follow extreme on Facebook,they have a post from winter nationals in Australia one of there turbo bikes ran 8.9 !

·
Registered
716 Posts
I made 8 1/4 mile passes yesterday in Orlando ,10.02 at 131.5 best,sadly on that run I got beat by a Vrod,he ran 9.84 at135 , not exactly a fair fight it was a destroyer ,full slick,air shifter,wheelie bars,etc

·
Registered
716 Posts
I got 6 runs in to nite at Gainesville ,had a pair of 10.06 best ,had some shifting issues (operator error) last time I went I tried a different setup ,that didn't work,back on track tonite

·
Registered
716 Posts
I did some 1/8 bracket racing yesterday,my best run was a 6.30 at 110.94 ,had a 1.52 60ft . I ended up red lighting in the round of 3 . Nothing like racing in Florida in August ,at about 4 o'clock the track temp was close to 140 degrees !

·
Registered
716 Posts
I did my last 1/8 mile bracket race of the season Saturday ,my best run was a 6.291 at 110.66 ,I had dialed a 6.33 ,the other guy had dialed a 5.89 and ran a 5.85 so I won by .001 !

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Hey Cw09 thank you for keeping us updated. I'm about to change clutch plates, springs and cable. What is your clutch set up? Also would love to see photo's of FZ09 drag bike.
Here's a couple I took during a visit a few weeks back.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
My orange bike as of now .vcycle flash, akro carbon ex, airbox hack, 3 short intakes, kn filter, extreme clutch basket, barnetts internals, quick shifter, extreme swingarm extentions, 15t and 44t sprockets, shortend nitron shock, lowering links, lithium battery, hacked stock seat, nylon strap fork upgrade, shift light, China windscreen, levers also removed rear pegs, bar ends, mirrors, thats it for now .
Here's a couple I took during a visit a few weeks back.

Thank You Shamrock, added Cw's description for photo's

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wish I had something to post ,but Gainesville has begun digging up the track,they are putting in a new concrete surface thru the 1/4 mile,repaving the shut down area,this is in preparation for the 50th Anniversary gatornationals in March,i have 2 upgrade coming for the orange bike,not so patiently waiting on parts

·
Registered
716 Posts
After my last race I pulled it apart and inspected , everything looks good and measured within wear limits ,so I put it back together, I'll have a set of Barnett's frictions on hand cause I doubt I can get a whole season out of these, I had a clearance issue with the extreme basket ,but that is solved by trimming the cover gasket a little ,it's one of those parts that's expensive but worth it

·
Registered
716 Posts
So I had my first test of the year last night ,did 15 runs at the 1/8 mile track in Clearwater FL,the first 10 were bad then I got my shit together my old record 1/8 was a 6.25 , finally on my 11 or 12 run got a 6.16 at 112.36 then on the next run a6.14 at 112 ,since last year I got rid of the extensions ,and had a 15 over aluminum arm made for it ,that part was a success ,my good 60fts used to be like 1.55 last night in those 2 good runs I had a 1.47 and 1.43,i also had a 1.39 but screwed up down the track,the other change I made was an air shifter with a push button ,but I didn't like the button I'm gonna do something different there,so off to a good start hope I didn't have my best run of the year in January !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi CW09 i am from argentina, and i was reading carefully to your threads, really interesting. I have an MT09 2018 with some accesories and ECU Flash, and i wanted to do some mods to go 1/8 drag racing as well. I am about to purhase swingarms extensions, from Extreme Creations, but i am not sure which model to buy, weather 4 to 6" or 8 to 10". I would like to be able to use the bike in the street as well on weekends, so i was plning to go for the 6", but if they are not good for drag, i would go directly to the 10". Which ones you recomend? I would relly appreciatte your advices, since it is diffucult here to get parts from abroad, and i want to make the right choice. Also i culd use your advice on transmission, i have the OEM 16 -45 sprocket, but since i am going to buy a 520 chaiin, i would like to know your adviec on sprockets, Maybe 15 and 45?
Thank you alot, i attach a picture of my bike. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

141 - 160 of 190 Posts