Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Winter is coming. To that end, I fitted some Yamaha OEM heated grips. I like how they look and I'm excited to try them out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: RZED and meinschaft

·
Registered
174 Posts
Make sure you get them fitted with a separate relay. I've had 2 sets now that have stayed on (in spite of what they are supposed to do) and have killed 2 batteries.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wired them directly to the battery for now. I'm gonna change them to the auxiliary power under one of the frame bricks so they're on switch power.

Make sure you get them fitted with a separate relay...

·
Registered
45 Posts
My good-looking, cheaply-made turn signals shit the bed, so I bought some Motogadget m-blaze pins and installed them. I'll replace the LED discs in the old units, add some o-rings to help waterproof, and install them on my project bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My girl received her name today; in kanji and in brushed aluminum (of course).
IMG_20190606_182750.png
MVIMG_20190606_182608.png
Bonus points to whomever can translate without the power of the internet :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Rear footpeg delete. Bought a cheap kit off of eBay (from China) and it worked out pretty good. Only issue was the supplied stainless countersunk head screws were way too long so went to the local specialty hardware store (Tacoma Screw Inc) and got some shorter screws. Total cost was ~$20 US.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was bored this weekend so decided to have a crack at making a small flyscreen. Mainly designed to cover the wiring from the back of the speedo module. Made out of a bit of scrap aluminium and a coat of flat black aerosol spray.
I like this better than probably all the purchasable aftermarket screens (especially for how proud they are off them). What exactly did you use for your bracket? Thin strip of metal?
Im thinking of trying to modify a buell lightning screen.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like this better than probably all the purchasable aftermarket screens (especially for how proud they are off them). What exactly did you use for your bracket? Thin strip of metal?
Im thinking of trying to modify a buell lightning screen.
Yeah it's just a strip of aluminium, a bit thicker, probably 2.5mm.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Rear footpeg delete. Bought a cheap kit off of eBay (from China) and it worked out pretty good. Only issue was the supplied stainless countersunk head screws were way too long so went to the local specialty hardware store (Tacoma Screw Inc) and got some shorter screws. Total cost was ~$20 US.

Looks good, I may end up doing that mod as well...now to get rid of that cheap plastic rear brake fluid reservoir...I have a billet reservoir on order will post a pic when it arrives!! You consider removing the clutch noise cover - I removed mine about 400 miles ago and no noticeable noise diff, just looks much cleaner now!
Looks good...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looks good, I may end up doing that mod as well...now to get rid of that cheap plastic rear brake fluid reservoir...I have a billet reservoir on order will post a pic when it arrives!! You consider removing the clutch noise cover - I removed mine about 400 miles ago and no noticeable noise diff, just looks much cleaner now!
Looks good...
Thanks ... yeah, I've thought about removing the clutch cover. Some guys remove it and put the ventilated cover off the FZ-09 on instead to keep their shoe/boot off the cover. Removing the rear foot pegs cleans up the look quite a bit. I don't ride 2-up on the XSR so I don't need no stinkin' rear foot pegs.

421 - 440 of 569 Posts