Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been seen on several other forums. I don't know if this forum has this but it's a quick easy way to group together a simple quote or pic of something you did today as in the day that you post up something.
Today I received my R&G radiator guard, OES full slider kit, Light tech led turn signals and aluminum spacers for the lights. Still waiting on the oem light adapters and my Evo tech tail tidy. When it's all here I will do installing all at once. Weather has been crap so no riding for another week or so.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not necessarily today but I have installed: 2 10 watt LED driving lights, voltmeter, 12v accessory socket, center stand, Yamaha windshield and luggage rack.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been waiting for a semi decent day to go for a ride on my brand new bike with only 8 miles on it but March has been worse than February. Temp right now is 34 degrees with a wind chill in the 20s. My only ride so far was home from the dealership. Don't really want to ride it with brand new tires and freezing Temps. Spring can't come soon enough. Today I'm going to put the frame sliders kit and rear spools on.

·
Registered
438 Posts
In the middle of an exhaust and rearset install

In the middle of an exhaust and rearset install, going on day 3 now (I take a million breaks, or sometimes I misplace a part or tool.. I don't know why, I mean as you can tell from the pic I'm pretty organized with my parts) lol

a.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The so called brushed aluminum looks a lot more delicate then it should be. I have the same one. I hope it holds up for several years but looks like it's kind of fragile and marks up easy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Today received GIANNELLI X-PRO STAINLESS STEEL exhaust system. However, no instructions or paper work saying the system is for XSR900 were included. Is this normal procedure for Giannelli products????

·
Registered
129 Posts
not today, but changed the rear tire and asked the shop to add a 90deg tire valve for easier tire checks.... This should come as standard on all bikes!!!

original rear tire lasted 4.500km :-( I'm hoping the dunlop roadsmart 3 SP will last double that ......
Great call with the 90 degree valve stem!! You'll have to keep us posted on the longevity and handling of the new shoes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Leo Vince exhaust

Installed Leo Vince exhaust on my bike today which seldom talk in this forum, I like it's traditional style IMO is more match up to XSR's retro look.
Not loud with db killer in but the deep tone is sweet . Not test ride yet due to late in the evening and will post more information in next few days. WhatsApp Image 2017-03-21 at 22.18.50.jpg WhatsApp Image 2017-03-21 at 22.18.50 (1).jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Installed Leo Vince exhaust on my bike today which seldom talk in this forum, I like it's traditional style IMO is more match up to XSR's retro look.
That looks great! I've been thinking about the doing the same thing to my brushed alum version.

Please post your thoughts after a test ride!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My evotech tidy tale came in the mail today, also got my light tech turn signals, spacers and wire adapters in so going to install over the weekend. Also ordered the hepco and Becker tank ring and day trip tank bag. It's the only bag I could find that is centered. Don't know how crazy I am with the look of the bracket but it's the best option so far that I found.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 483 Posts