Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not having access to a Dyno, what would be the best way to obtain data?
Does the Z-AFM Self Mapper - Bazzaz , works alone? or it is, like PCv a add-on?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
The best is a data logger that can record & display the A/F ratio/TPS while riding on a spread sheet so to can annualise the data & correct the fuel cells, riding looking at a A/F ratio gauge & guessing the TPS is just too hard. I used two loggers when I am not on the Dyno, a Dynojet wideband 1 which is stand alone & a POD-300 logger which needs an Auto Tune & PCV to log, I use both at times to fine tune maps or problem areas depending on what I want to look at with A/F ratios.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The best is a data logger that can record & display the A/F ratio/TPS while riding on a spread sheet so to can annualise the data & correct the fuel cells, riding looking at a A/F ratio gauge & guessing the TPS is just too hard. I used two loggers when I am not on the Dyno, a Dynojet wideband 1 which is stand alone & a POD-300 logger which needs an Auto Tune & PCV to log, I use both at times to fine tune maps or problem areas depending on what I want to look at with A/F ratios.
It's been a long time since this post but I'm wondering if you've tried different A/F ratios on the dyno? I know with my ZX-6R they were known to make more power running rich so it was suggested to set your A/F ratio around 12.8 in the higher RPM/higher open throttle areas of the map. Most of your tunes seem to target 13.2 A/F, was this from experimenting with different ratios or what is your reasoning for this value?

I installed the FTECU kit with auto tune feature, do you recommend running the active tune? yes/no and why?

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT-09 With Black Widow 360mm Muffler
1 Posts
I live in the US East Coast, I have a 2019 MT-09 with a Black Widow Full Exhaust and ftecu side harness and installed. I flashed the graves tune, I have searched far and wide for files for my bike I can't find anything for my area or any other files I can add to the FTECU software. Would these be ok or ideal for my area/location? I run 93 Premium fuel which is what its called here.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I live in the US East Coast, I have a 2019 MT-09 with a Black Widow Full Exhaust and ftecu side harness and installed. I flashed the graves tune, I have searched far and wide for files for my bike I can't find anything for my area or any other files I can add to the FTECU software. Would these be ok or ideal for my area/location? I run 93 Premium fuel which is what its called here.
I would buy Active tune & trim that map, FTECU Active tune (vcyclenut.com)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts