Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been ask by quite a few guys for a copy of my custom PCV map so I have uploaded a collection of PCV Dyno built maps that I have to this link. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9bi74bymkv8br/MT09_PCV_Maps

All maps are virus free & can be downloaded by selecting a map then click download then a bar will display asking for you to save the map, you do not need to install any program to save these maps, you will need the Dyno Jet PCV software to view them. http://www.powercommander.com/downl...ftware/Install_Power_Commander_5_v1.0.6.4.zip

If anyone wants to share their maps please PM me & I will add them to the download section, I am only looking for custom built Dyno PCV maps with confirmed load & A/F ratio's.

I am looking for as much info on each PCV map, like.

kevxtx Akra.pvm
2014 Yamaha FZ09
DNA air filter, snorkel removed
Kev O2 controller
Mapped @13.2:1 on BP 98RON fuel
Akra full carbon pipe baffle in
Yamaha 2014 reflash. Dyno custom mapped, Brisbane Australia 98 ron fuel, sea level 28C, 28.2.2015

baz pcv.pvm
2014 Yamaha FZ09
Stock exhaust
PCV + DynoJet O2 optimizer
DNA filter, snorkel removed
Mapped @ 13.2:1, BP 98RON fuel
Brisbane Australia sea level 25C 18.1.2014
2014 old OEM map

17.1.15 rick
2014 Yamaha MT-09
2014 old flash
BMC filter
Akra Ti baffle in
Brisbane Australia 17.1.2015
Mapped 13.2:1 with Dyno jets O2 optimizer, 98RON fuel

MT09 STD MAP
2014 Yamaha FZ09
Dyonjet mapped
PCV + O2 optimizer, fuel used unknown
Stock exhaust
Stock air filter
Mapped @ Dynojet USA

MT09 Kev Akra no O2 sensor 20.5.15
2014 Yamaha FZ09
Closed loop turned off for Dyno custom mapping
Akra full carbon pipe, 98 ron fuel, sea level 20C 20.6.15
Mapped at 13.2:1, 98RON BP fuel
Brisbane Australia

Ferdie Custom PCV no O2 sensor 20.6.15
2014 Yamaha FZ09
Kevxtx Flash Tune map loaded in Yamaha ECU
Stock exhaust
O2 sensor flashed out for Dyno custom map
Sea level, 20C, 98RON BP fuel.
Brisbane Australia

baZ akra 20.6.2015.pvm
2014 Yamaha FZ09
Mapped @13.2:1
Akra full carbon pipe, 98 ron fuel, sea level 20C, 20.6.2015
Dyno custom mapped Brisbane Australia

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I stickied your thread at the top of the section....Thanks for doing this

Reactions: Harsay and marthy

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem, lets hope we can get a few Dyno custom maps from around the world to help others out.

I do have other custom PCV + Auto Tune maps but really only want to post confirmed Dyno loaded A/F ratio maps here.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Nice!

I just bough a use Kevxtx O2 sensor special from a member here. I put it on over the weekend and reinstall the data logger with a second O2 bung. I might have few question... LOL

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem Marty, can we keep the O2 questions in the O2 controller thread, looks like the Flash boys have finally come through for the guys that can afford a reflash which is great news.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
2 X new PCV maps uploaded + some closed loop testing done

I was at the Dyno all morning today building custom PCV maps on 3 different MT09's one being mine, on the way down to the Dyno we did some closed loop testing between my 09 & Baz's 09, with my closed loop flashed off no O2 sensor fitted to the bike & Baz's closed loop left turned on + running one of my O2 controllers, both bikes were equipped with exactly the same performance bits & both flashed with one of my Flash Tune maps & both running the exact same PCV map, we tested the closed loop over 80kms distance one constant ride without stopping at constant throttles ranging between 100 to 110kph, we both zeroed out the fuel economy setting in our dashes at the same time, at the end of 80kms my bike had a indicated loss of consumption of 2km per 1 litre of fuel compared to the bike running with the closed loop turned on. As we never measured the actual fuel content difference between the bike it was guide line a rough indication that with no closed loop in play the fuel economy can be affect by some sort.

Now to the Dyno custom maps, all 3 bikes had the same kevxtx Flashed map in them, with Baz's bike the closed loop was left on with one of my Controllers installed, each bike had a PCV fitted. As mentioned my bike & Baz are equipped the same except for the closed loop off on mine, we built a custom map for my bike with no closed loop & Baz's with closed loop activated, both worked out great with 1hp difference between the bikes. I will up load all 3 maps on Monday.

The last map was Ferds with a standard pipe with the closed loop flashed off for the custom tune, I flashed the closed loop circuit back on after the Dyno mapping he also runs on of my O2 controller, I would not advise anyone to run with a cat installed at [email protected]:1 A/F ratio.

Baz & my bike both made around 10 more HP over the standard exhaust with our Akra Carbon's on the same Dyno, one bike after the other, all 3 have the same filter type DNA with the snorkels cut out & same flash map except for Baz's closed loop.

My Flash Tune map that was loaded had no amendments done to any of the fuel tables.

MT09 Kev Akra no O2 sensor 20.5.15
2014 Yamaha FZ09
Closed loop turned off for Dyno custom mapping
Akra full carbon pipe, 98 ron fuel, sea level 20C 20.6.15
Mapped at 13.2:1, 98RON BP fuel
Brisbane Australia

Ferdie Custom PCV no O2 sensor 20.6.15
2014 Yamaha FZ09
Kevxtx Flash Tune map loaded in Yamaha ECU
Stock exhaust
O2 sensor flashed out for Dyno custom map
Sea level, 20C, 98RON BP fuel.
Brisbane Australia

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a question on fuel maps and flashing using Flashtune software as a read you mentioned using Flashtune.
I have purchased the flashtune harness for my motorcycle, but still don''t have the fueling quite right. When I upload a new fuel map using PC Fuel Import, does the fuel map add on to the existing fuel map, or replace it?
The reason I ask is a powercommander map (as I understand it) is a plus or minus from the existing stock fuel map. If it replaces the stock fuel map, then how do we convert the powercommander fuel map to work using flashtune?
I also use the ETV Decel Comp feature to keep the engine braking at 100% (I like it this way) and have the Disable INJ decel Cut to False. Just wondering what others are doing.
I have a semi gutted stock exhaust that bypasses 2 chambers making it like a slipon.
Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you are importing a PCV tune it only corrects the TPS vs RPM trim tables in the OEM fuel cells, so it corrects the OEM fuel cells by the amount + or minus according to the what is in the PCV fuel tables, which is only 80% of the open loop mapping.

One problem in standard form as a PCV comes off the shelf it does not correct the open loop Map vs RPM in the OEM fuel cells. To correct the Map vs RPM in the OEM fuel cells you can turn off the closed loop & map this area by hand at part throttles up to 20% throttles with either a data logger, Auto Tune or on the Dyno. To get a PCV to remap the pressure side of the open loop you need Enable Pressure vs RPM within the PCV software & wiring in the intake pressure sensor into the PCV will allow for the mapping of this area & it works quite well if you are going to run the PCV all the time, but the import function across the OEM cells is not very good. Most Dyno tuners don't tune this area of a open loop map as it takes too much time I have done it to all my maps so I can have a smooth transition between TPS/RPM & Map/RPM in the open loops & then have dialed my O2 controller into the mix, O2 Controller vs Map/RPM in the closed loop .

If you are building custom maps & only remap the TPS/RPM cells in the OEM map you will still have a snappy throttle between TPS/RPM & Map/RPM, you need to get both the open loop A/F ratios as close to each other to make for a smooth transition, so try mapping the Map/RPM area of the open loop OEM cells with the closed loop turned off at part throttles.

To get nice smooth maps there are a few things that need to be done on this bike.

1/ All the cross over switch points between the TPS/RPM, MAP/RPM & O2 sensor need to be as close as possible, if you have turned off the closed loop permanently you only need to remap the TPS/RPM, MAP/RPM cells to get smooth A/F ratio transition's between the two switch points.
2/ You need to correct the throttle maps for each gear altering the progression of the throttle % vs RPM
3/ You need to open the throttle plates more at zero throttles with a wheel speed signal this makes a big difference when coming off & back on the throttle when changing gears.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Kevxtx. Pretty complicated. I assume your Aussie fuel maps will not work on a cali FJ-09 model?
Have you tweaked the ETV baseMaps? I think this is how much throttle per inch (or something like that). If so, care to share?
Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Most regions of the world run different fuel blends, we all live at different air pressure levels or altitudes, we all have different humidity levels, we all live at different ambient air temperatures the list is endless, all these differences affect a map OEM or custom built map, the bikes sensors & the OEM ECU tries to compensate for these differences but is really not very good in the end if you are after a spot on tune,

One thing that affects A/F ratio's quite a bit is the different fuel additives & blends from country to country where the ECU does not have the ability to compensate the open loop mapping for A/F ratio changes, in Australia we have to lean out a custom built Dyno map built in the US from -5% to -10%, the A/F ratio might be spot on that custom map in the US but running on Ozzy fuels it will be too rich. The UK & Europe all have the same problems.

If you are in the UK or US I would be adding +5% to the whole map if you are using a custom map built in Oz, add + 10% if you are using E fuels, my maps are all built on the RON 98 none Ethanol fuels.

Don't really want to mix up this PCV thread with the Flash tune map post setting PM sent.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think this is being over thought. The power commander comes with an 02 optimizer. From what I understand, it lies to the ecu, thus preventing the ecu from fighting the power commander tune. Same reason my other bike bypasses the O2 sensor with a jumper. The map is just adjustments made to whatever map is in the ecu. Ex: my map was dead on until I flashed my ecu. That cause me to lean out to 18:1 fuel ratio. Got it dyno tuned to a 13:1 ratio. Fuel map is on my power commander and the timing adjustments are in my ecu.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I think this is being over thought. The power commander comes with an 02 optimizer. From what I understand, it lies to the ecu, thus preventing the ecu from fighting the power commander tune. Same reason my other bike bypasses the O2 sensor with a jumper. The map is just adjustments made to whatever map is in the ecu. Ex: my map was dead on until I flashed my ecu. That cause me to lean out to 18:1 fuel ratio. Got it dyno tuned to a 13:1 ratio. Fuel map is on my power commander and the timing adjustments are in my ecu.
The O2 optimizer corrects the wave signal from the O2 sensor in real time trying to keep the A/F ratio closer to the open loop A/F ratio, with still trying to give a bit of fuel economy when on the cruise.

If you are running a PCV as a piggy back you are fine it will over lay the TPS/RPM A/F ratio over the whole tuning area which you have done & it will work correctly, Dyno Jet tells you not to remap the closed loop area if you are running their Optimizer & to use their preset numbers, I remap to 13.6:1 in the closed loop.

If you are importing a PCV tune as the question was asked then that is a completely different game it only corrects part of the open loop mapping TPS/RPM & does not correct the MAP/RPM cells.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The O2 optimizer corrects the wave signal from the O2 sensor in real time trying to keep the A/F ratio closer to the open loop A/F ratio, but still trying to give a bit of fuel economy when on the cruise.

If you are running a PCV as a piggy back you are fine it will over lay the TPS/RPM A/F ratio over the whole tuning area which you have done & it will work correctly, Dyno Jet tells you not to remap the closed loop area if you are running their Optimizer & to use their preset numbers, I remap to 13.6:1 in the closed loop.

If you are importing a PCV tune as the question was asked then that is a completely different game it only corrects part of the open loop mapping TPS/RPM & does not correct the MAP/RPM cells.
Oh crap. Yea, you right. Sorry bout that. Lol I forgot about the open and closed loop.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Have you tweaked the ETV baseMaps? I think this is how much throttle per inch (or something like that). If so, care to share?
the etv tables are for the throttle curves. the x-axis is input throttle % (twist grip), y-axis is rpm, and the values in the cells are output throttle % (how far the butterflies are opened).

so for example if you look at the fj's std map#1, at 5000rpm and 24% throttle, the butterflies are open 15.2%.

the fj's 'std' mode seems to have some oddities in the throttle behavior. at 'street' throttle openings and rpm's if you go down the columns the output throttle values are fluctuating up and down a bit. i've never ridden an fj, but i can't see any advantage or reason for this kind of behavior. 'a' and 'b' modes don't behave this way.

with etv decel comp all at 100 and 'disable decel inj cut' false, you've got maximum engine braking everywhere. that's fine - it's personal preference. i have 'disable decel inj cut' true and tweaked the etv decel comp tables to reduce engine braking a bit.

p.s. it's probably better to start a new thread for flash-tune related questions so as to not hijack this one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Most regions of the world run different fuel blends, we all live at different air pressure levels or altitudes, we all have different humidity levels, we all live at different ambient air temperatures the list is endless, all these differences affect a map OEM or custom built map, the bikes sensors & the OEM ECU tries to compensate for these differences but is really not very good in the end if you are after a spot on tune,

One thing that affects A/F ratio's quite a bit is the different fuel additives & blends from country to country where the ECU does not have the ability to compensate the open loop mapping for A/F ratio changes, in Australia we have to lean out a custom built Dyno map built in the US from -5% to -10%, the A/F ratio might be spot on that custom map in the US but running on Ozzy fuels it will be too rich. The UK & Europe all have the same problems.

If you are in the UK or US I would be adding +5% to the whole map if you are using a custom map built in Oz, add + 10% if you are using E fuels, my maps are all built on the RON 98 none Ethanol fuels.

Don't really want to mix up this PCV thread with the Flash tune map post setting PM sent.
Why do you say Europe have the same problem?

We have RON98 fuels here.

The Dyno Jet fuel map for the Akrapovic for europen Market has way lower values than the American one.
It is kinda of similar to yours, but with lower values..

I have a Stock bike with a Full Akrapovic Carbon, and was thinking of flashing the Dynojet provided one, or one you provided, but I am bit confused now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is the additives added to the fuel blends that affect the A/F ratio not the RON rating, the additive cause the fuels to burn at different rates.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Understood.
Since I don´t have acess to a Dyno, or autotune, I will keep it simple and use the Dynojet provided fuel map for Europe.

Thanks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Just uploaded another custom Akra map for you to show some comparisons between tunes, both maps built on the same day, one bike after the other using a PCV & Dyno Tuning software Tuning Link.

BAz bought his 09 in November 2013, mine November 2014, both equipped with the same flash same DNA filter same Akra pipe same snorkel removed, there is around 1hp difference between the two bikes after the tune but the fuel cells are quite different, mine is leaner than his, so the morel of the story is sharing tunes does not mean the A/F ratio's across all the fuel tables are correct for every bike, this is why I spend so much time building custom maps for my bikes for every change that I make that will affect the A/F ratio.

Kev bike RED
Baz bike in Blue

A/F ratio recorded a 100% in the example below.

HP

Baz PCV fuel cells

Kev PCV fuel cells

1 - 20 of 25 Posts