Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my 2021 sp is about to go to Lextek in Exeter in England as a development bike on Monday 2nd of August, they will have it 5 days at which point there will be an exhaust available for the new mt from them, Woolwich racing are currently cracking the ECU, I will ask Lextek to put the standard exhaust back on my bike until the ECU is cracked as I don't want a poor running bike, at the moment it's great and if you cruise on it it's excellent on fuel 57 miles per UK gallon or 46.5 per us gallon, if I cane it I still get 45, that's really giving it stick. I have 3100 miles on it bought it 1st of may, absolutely love it fantastic bike, I live in Dorset southern England which is all country twisty roads, it's perfect, I find the handling is superb, my brother has the standard bike in tech black and quite frankly that handles really well as well and for the money is a bargain. I considered KTM but I wanted Yamaha reliability and that beautiful cross plane crank triple, it's just got torque everywhere. I have a Ducati multistrada as well which I just don't ride anymore as it's horrible to ride in comparison to the mt09, it's a joy to hoon down country roads on and flick through the corners or just cruise and short shift in to top. So Lextek will have an exhaust available very soon probably exiting underneath the right peg.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whilst I love the shorty pipes, my only concern is that they'll be stupidly loud. When you actually get down and take the stock exhaust off, you will see why the current exhaust options are the way they are - there's no room down there!

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
82 Posts
There is the same room there was on the previous model.
I think there is some other reason for not making exhausts that are low.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Obviously Yoshimura and Mivv are the best looking exhausts for MT 09 2021.

But I will wait and check sound test to decide which one sounds better.

I was waiting for the arrow one but I don't like the looking.

Cheers

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
70 Posts
If anyone is in LA go contact Graves Motorsports, they might need a 21 MT-09 to develop an exhaust

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wait, by the end of the year Austin Racing is releasing their shorty exhaust system for the 2021 MT-09.
I have been in contact with them and also with Yoshi, even Yoshi that already has a prototype built even told me that they’re looking to mass produce by summer of next year.
I can’t wait either I know your feelings right now lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ordered mine today from Italy... Full system with the option to add a catalytic converter anytime you wish (at an extra cost )... It was on offer for £590 shipped.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts