Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also just preordered the new Yoshi. I think the Akra and the Arrow look silly being up on the side like that for this bike but to each their own. Hoping the preorder time doesn't take forever!

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,928 Posts
I think the Akra and the Arrow look silly being up on the side like that for this bike but to each their own.
I’m guessing you’re under 35 or so? 😛

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don’t necessarily mind a high exhaust by any means, I just think the kink in the swing arm is only properly filled up by a muffler.

Yoshi did a really good job of that (granted it probably wasn’t that difficult to fit with it being an off-the-shelf muffler).

Between the Akra and the Arrow, I would definitely take the Arrow because at least that’s available in “mid” mount configuration that doesn’t have the weird bend that looks out of place.

Also, @RedSprankles, I’m sure you probably already noticed this in your order confirmation, but under where it says that you’ve ordered a part this is pre-order only, it does mention that you can email them to get an ETA.

Seemed like a boilerplate message to me just to cover their butts, but I may email them and get an idea.

Now we just need that ECU cracked! I suppose at least Dynojet has the Power Commander V available for the ‘21’s but I’ve never really been a fan of piggyback management. Really want Woolich or FT-ECU to announce that they’ve cracked it 😂

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don’t necessarily mind a high exhaust by any means, I just think the kink in the swing arm is only properly filled up by a muffler.

Yoshi did a really good job of that (granted it probably wasn’t that difficult to fit with it being an off-the-shelf muffler).

Between the Akra and the Arrow, I would definitely take the Arrow because at least that’s available in “mid” mount configuration that doesn’t have the weird bend that looks out of place.

Also, @RedSprankles, I’m sure you probably already noticed this in your order confirmation, but under where it says that you’ve ordered a part this is pre-order only, it does mention that you can email them to get an ETA.

Seemed like a boilerplate message to me just to cover their butts, but I may email them and get an idea.

Now we just need that ECU cracked! I suppose at least Dynojet has the Power Commander V available for the ‘21’s but I’ve never really been a fan of piggyback management. Really want Woolich or FT-ECU to announce that they’ve cracked it 😂
The yoshi to me is definitely the best option... I've been in touch with Woolich and they are on the case, would be interested to see if anyone will be able to adjust the quickshifter parameters if needed... For example more aggressive downblips in more aggressive mode 1.
Aleks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wonder why manufacturers aren't offering the low mount that sits just behind/under the rear sets like we're all used to (apart from the Yoshi). Maybe there are issues on mounting points? Not only does the position look odd, but they have a big ugly bracket connecting to the pillion pegs.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I wonder why manufacturers aren't offering the low mount that sits just behind/under the rear sets like we're all used to (apart from the Yoshi). Maybe there are issues on mounting points? Not only does the position look odd, but they have a big ugly bracket connecting to the pillion pegs.
Because the swing arm is straight now and leaves no space underneath.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
70 Posts
This exhaust is the best looking option available so far imo. Looking forward to a carbon version - that would look awesome!
I'm waiting for a Graves Exhaust option. But, this one from Arrow would look pretty cool. I'm not sure on sound or heat though lol. High mounts tend to be a little warmer.

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
82 Posts
I talked about flashing to my mechanic yesterday and he is not so optimistic about it.
According to him,they haven't even cracked the Tracer 700 2020 ECU and it could take a while to crack the euro 5

·
Vendor
1,554 Posts
t
I talked about flashing to my mechanic yesterday and he is not so optimistic about it.
According to him,they haven't even cracked the Tracer 700 2020 ECU and it could take a while to crack the euro 5

they havent cracked the 2020-2021 r1, ZH2, ducati v4, the euro 5 bikes are proving tough, hopefully they get it figured out

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
82 Posts
In a couple of years I guess we'll have to forget about flashing,with the improved encryptions they keep implementing.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts