Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi my 2021 sp is about to go to Lextek in Exeter in England as a development bike on Monday 2nd of August, they will have it 5 days at which point there will be an exhaust available for the new mt from them, Woolwich racing are currently cracking the ECU, I will ask Lextek to put the standard exhaust back on my bike until the ECU is cracked as I don't want a poor running bike, at the moment it's great and if you cruise on it it's excellent on fuel 57 miles per UK gallon or 46.5 per us gallon, if I cane it I still get 45, that's really giving it stick. I have 3100 miles on it bought it 1st of may, absolutely love it fantastic bike, I live in Dorset southern England which is all country twisty roads, it's perfect, I find the handling is superb, my brother has the standard bike in tech black and quite frankly that handles really well as well and for the money is a bargain. I considered KTM but I wanted Yamaha reliability and that beautiful cross plane crank triple, it's just got torque everywhere. I have a Ducati multistrada as well which I just don't ride anymore as it's horrible to ride in comparison to the mt09, it's a joy to hoon down country roads on and flick through the corners or just cruise and short shift in to top. So Lextek will have an exhaust available very soon probably exiting underneath the right peg.
They don't even have 2021 MT09 listed as a motorcycle in their database, so you are either making up things or your information about timings are totally off mate

·
Registered
78 Posts
They
They don't even have 2021 MT09 listed as a motorcycle in their database, so you are either making up things or your information about timings are totally off mate
They are very slow with the development... Last time I spoke to them about the t7 exhaust .. it took them 2 months to come back with something when the rest of the crowd already had an exhaust ... I've had a lextek and it sounded nice and looked great but after one winter the stainless started to have rust spots... Which means is Chinese stainless which is not that good... Sharing my thoughts on this...I'm waiting for my mivv full system from Italy.
Aleks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Idk how often people check this forum, but it looks as if Arrow has just released a full system with both a high mount and low mount option. I haven't heard how it runs with this system yet, but it's pretty much already out of stock everywhere from what i've seen so far.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,928 Posts
Idk how often people check this forum, but it looks as if Arrow has just released a full system with both a high mount and low mount option. I haven't heard how it runs with this system yet, but it's pretty much already out of stock everywhere from what i've seen so far.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
70 Posts
It's not so much "already" out of stock. It was never actually in stock. They had announced it on the Arrow Website a month or two ago and websites are only now just listing the exhaust.

So, they are "out of stock" but, really they were never in stock because Arrow hadn't sent any out yet. As of today, I don't believe a video exists of the '21 MT-09 with the exhaust installed.

If anyone is in the US it looks like https://www.motovationusa.com/ has the exhaust to be ordered but, directly from Arrow. So they don't even have the exhaust physically.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Man, it looks awful. Somebody should come up with an underbody slip-on, like stock. But everybody wants to slap the same damn can to every bike, which just doesn't cut it for me on this one. It'll be awesome not having a freaking can hitting the rear of my size 46 boots for once. Ha ha. I'll leave the damn thing alone, other than painting the can black, and the pieces surrounding the 2 outlets silver. What others who want louder sound could do, is modify the stock can from underneath, then smooth the welds, and paint the ugly can.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Man, it looks awful. Somebody should come up with an underbody slip-on, like stock. But everybody wants to slap the same damn can to every bike, which just doesn't cut it for me on this one. It'll be awesome not having a freaking can hitting the rear of my size 46 boots for once. Ha ha. I'll leave the damn thing alone, other than painting the can black, and the pieces surrounding the 2 outlets silver. What others who want louder sound could do, is modify the stock can from underneath, then smooth the welds, and paint the ugly can.
I wish I could get something like i had put on my old Buell 1125 CR. 2x 3.5” cans underneath with the tips kicking out each side.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello hai, just want to know. i buy mt09 2021. but not sp. witch bike i can used the pipe exhaust. old model mt can used?
Bicycle part Font Nickel Auto part Metal

61 - 74 of 74 Posts