Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got an 06 ZX6R shock with 100 miles on it, looks brand new. This will be complemented by Race Tech Gold valves and new springs in the fork - I'm so excited to get rid of the pogo !

I've spent hours reading threads and haven't found any reference to the comp and rebound settings as a reference for the ZX6R shock.

So realizing it may be difficult to change the comp and rebound adjusters once the shock is mounted, I'd like to hear what others found to work so I can start with a ball park setting before installation. I weigh 185 without gear, and planning to set sag at 38mm.

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I found a spreadsheet on the kawi forums with different settings for different weights and different shocks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Is it the plain 6r or 6rr? I haven't heard much about the single r but I ordered one because I heard it was "a little better" than stock. Would you mind sharing the cost and process for getting valves done on it? I can't help in setting as mine hasn't arrived yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a spreadsheet on the kawi forums with different settings for different weights and different shocks.
Any chance you still have that link you could share ? Realizing the our FZ has different linkage and rates it would likely be different settings, but could be a reference for starting point.

Is it the plain 6r or 6rr? I haven't heard much about the single r but I ordered one because I heard it was "a little better" than stock. Would you mind sharing the cost and process for getting valves done on it? I can't help in setting as mine hasn't arrived yet.
Just got the plain R, and I haven't received mine yet either. If it's in as mint condition as it appeared and I was told, I'll probably just run it as-is for now. It's gotta be better than stock and will give me some basis for comparison. The Gold valves and springs will be for the fork (I wasn't clear on that)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I'll see if I can find it and send it to you/post it

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
So, what are your stock suspension settings now? Are they as good as you could get them? And, how much of an improvement did they actually give you? I understand you're still pogoing. My bike is brand new and I am not an agressive rider. At 165 lbs, what do you think would be my optimum adjustments to the stock suspension? Thanks to anyone for suggested settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts