Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2017 FZ-09
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a 2009 zx10r unit with 11k miles from ebay. Its my plan to eliminate the pogo in the corners along with the sag upon acceleration. With the research I've done on the zx10r shock threads everything indicates this spring should work for my 6' 220lb frame.
What do you guys think?
Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Coil spring Sleeve

Registered
2017 FZ-09
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. I'm going to attempt install this week. I picked up a 2011 zx6r unit in the same color. The zx6r unit has the factory spring. I'm 220lb now and occasionally go 2 up with the wifey. I will post results.

Registered
14 years old and 11k miles? Sure it wasn't 111k?

Registered

Registered
Seems some owners prefer to raise the ride height with shocks that allow this when upgrading on gen 1and 2. The lowering of the front on gen3 should adress the same issue?
OK, it's not an issue as such. I did it to see what effect it would have and liked the result. I wouldn't lower the front though, you lose ground clearance.

Registered

Registered
This is my first hearing about adjusting the ride height on the FZ-09/MT-09. I did use the adjustable length Penske shock on my FZ1 and it helped it handle extremely well in part to this slight geometry change. I have a Penske on my bike, but I did not change the length. I don't think it needs it either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts