Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This FZ09 is TSA. Totally Smoking Awesome.

Tomorrow I will deliver my Ninja 1000 to it's new owner. So this morning I took a short last ride on the Ninja. I have not been on it since I got my FZ last week. I was really wondering if I would have any regrets after riding it. When I got back I decided to through a leg over the FZ to make an honest comparison.

Well... as the title of this post suggests I have Zero regrets. I have 270 miles on the FZ so the engine is really starting to free up in the break in process. This thing is a torque monster. It has waaaaaaaay more low end and mid range torque than the Ninja. Although it is slightly less than 100 pounds lighter, it feels like it is 250 pounds lighter!

What more can I say here, I am preaching to the choir.

Did I mention the brakes are waaaaaaaaaay better. The handling is better. The sound is better. It's easier to push around. It's easier to work on.

Satisfaction level is 100%

Imagine how happy I will be after the suspension upgrades. Will be like getting hit by a happy truck!

Took a couple of shots of the two machines together for visual comparison.

PICT0595.jpg PICT0596.jpg PICT0597.jpg PICT0598.jpg PICT0601.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's good to hear as I nearly put a down payment on a Ninja 1000 before I heard the FZ 09 was coming out and bought it instead. I would have thought the low end torque would be comparable. The Ninja has 200cc advantage and a motor that was also built for the streets. It definitely felt big/heavy sitting on it (coming from an FZ6). Sounds like a made the right choice as well. Thanks for the comparison!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Red is the way to ensure no regrets!

Reactions: Rayminator

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Your bikes look good together. The FZ-09 is a great bike. I also have no regrets and it may have led me to the dark side (away from cruisers).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Nice Pair, congrats. I've been wanting to explore the canyons up the 33, do you know them well?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I had a deposit on a 14 ninja 1k but withdrew it when I saw the fz. This post made me glad I did.

Glad you're enjoying it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Posts like this make me want to load up a backpack and fly south for a weekend. Getting my bike delivered in single digit temps is so bittersweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts