Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having now put over 5K miles on the prototype for Zero Gravity, I stopped by their plant and gave them a quick suggestion for adding a drainage hole to the base. I have the taller windshield and it is very effective on removing the buffeting from my chest. (I'm 5'10") I still get wind noise on the helmet, but I'm used to the full windshield on my BMW GSA. The base is the same for both their tall and short screens; it has a vinyl decal that picks up the color of the bike. It looks like something that the factory should have done in the first place. It made riding the bike on the freeway much, much more pleasant. They are close to finalizing the price; I'll update when I hear. Below are the catalogue photos they just took. image_41_508_131_artsy.jpg image_41_508_231_artsy.jpg

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Of all the screens I've seen...that's the best looking one.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Love the shorter of the two.. I already have a Rizoma screen but if I didn't I'd be all over one of these (assuming it comes in the liquid graphite color scheme that is).

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Of all the screens I've seen offered for the 09 those are the ugliest. They don't blend well with the headlight. Too much gap between it and the top of the headlight. Looks like it was stolen off another bike or possibly a snowmobile and rigged to fit on the FZ-09.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I've been using the shorter version of this for a while. I can say its made riding more comfortable. there is little to no buffeting and even better if I tuck in. Its definitely good at breaking the wind around you. If your looking for a functional windscreen this is definitely a great solution for it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've been using the shorter version of this for a while. I can say its made riding more comfortable. there is little to no buffeting and even better if I tuck in. Its definitely good at breaking the wind around you. If your looking for a functional windscreen this is definitely a great solution for it.

From that pic it looks like the same size as my Yamaha fly screen is it the same size ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is one of the better looking ones I've seen. I was considering the Yamaha fly shield, but now I'm excited to see what Zero Gravity has to offer. Definitely like the shorter one better. I'd like to see what the Matte Gray will look like.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Not my cup of tea. Looks like it'd fit a GSXR perfectly.:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with deadduck357 they ugliest one i have seen, but that's just me. I like the Yamaha one even though its mostly for looks and doesn't do much. i didn't get this bike for the aerodynamics plus i have a 20 inch neck so the wind doesn't bug me much lol

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I really like that Z.G. windscreen, especially the intermediate height one. Very nice looking.

Reactions: CD599
1 - 13 of 13 Posts