Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Windshield Automotive lighting Vehicle Headlamp Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle accessories After months of prototypes using my bike, the highly respected folks at Zero Gravity have finalized the design for the FZ-09 windshield and allowed me to post a photo. It will be available as shown here and also with a 1" shorter (and sportier) windshield. They make a separate base that attaches to the 4 factory hex head bolts on the top of the headlight assembly. I've ridden up to 90 mph and it makes all the difference in the world. I hated the buffeting on my chest over 65, but now it is gone. I use my bike for both carving canyons and also an occasional commute - where traffic runs 75-80- and this is a must-have. The base is black plastic and they attach a vinyl piece in the factory color for your bike. They are now a few weeks away from production and are getting the vinyl made in the three factory colors.... gotta admit, this looks like it came off the assembly line along with the bike! I asked the price, but they said it had not been figured out yet, but a guestimate would be in the $200 range. In my opinion, worth every penny!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice to see some color matching... will be interesting to see the final price. Looks good! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
that looks like it has form AND function. I'm def holding out for this. Any guess at when it will be released to the masses

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks very nice and well put together, the color matched parts is a nice touch. Can't wait to see what the shorter version looks like as that is a little tall for my taste even though I'm sure it probably performs better at that height. The price seems pretty steep but it appears to be a well engineered piece so I guess that can be expected. Glad to hear you like it.

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm in.

I've been riding naked bikes most of my life, I removed the windjammer fairing and vetter bags from my CX500 (old silverwing), but this bike, (fz09) has terrible air flow issues, from the exhaust swooping up and onto your ankles to side/cross wind in the face, to just plain blowing you off the bike from the upright position. If this will alleviate some of that chest blow I'm in. (smaller windscreen for me)

post up when they're commercially available op, would you?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looks good- like the others will wait for the sporty version.
Any pics from the side, away from the bike?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
9 months waiting and this hideous thing is it. It doesn't even look like it belongs there. Looks like it was stolen off another bike and adapted to the 09. Way too much gap between it and the headlight.

Very disappointing.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I like the paint matching on the sides but a little smaller sportier version would look better IMO. So I went with a Ermax 25cm..

·
Registered
833 Posts
Not to be a downer but...$200? Don't see how it is $80 better than the competition.... I am satisfied with my Puig.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
waiting to see their other designs since they usually release more than 1. Got word from Zero today that my screen should be ready soon. :)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
The gap to the headlight is my only concern. The style looks great to me with a shorter screen, but too high off of the headlight. What a shame.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My imagination is not as good as others, so here are my mad photoshop skills at work. Just wanted to see it on a bike without antlers for mirrors and the rear rack. Maybe someone else is better, but it worked for me and possibly others...

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just ordered the Givi along with Evotech rear peg delete and intake grates. I thought $115 for the Givi was a decent non-Ebay price (free shipping). I agree with the masses that this one is too tall for my liking. Sorry ZG glad I didn't wait months like others did for this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts