Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent Zero Gravity an email today asking how they were progressing on windscreen options. They replied that their Laser took a puke, and that they are diligently trying to fix it, which will throw them off a week. They project two more weeks before they have a working model and that I could pick up my bike tomorrow if I needed to because they do not need it to finish the project.

Here is the funny thing. I told them that they could keep the bike as long as they needed because it was not my bike in their possession. Take as long as you need as far as I am concerned, but the owner of the bike might have a different opinion. Too funny.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
rats!! not a good way to find out news like this.. O well, I just hit them up, lets see what they tell me.

Your all very welcome!! Someone had to do it! :p

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My emails with Glenn. Good guy, BTW

I couldn't help but laugh. I know the guy who's bike you have from the Forums. Tell him that DNFDOUG told you it was okay to keep the bike.

DOUG

On February 13, 2014 5:17:09 PM CST, [email protected] wrote:
Oops, sorry about that. I mixed you up with someone else.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Glenn,

Funny thing is that the bike that you have is not mine, so I would say keep it as long as you need. LMAO. Keep us posted.
Kindest regards,
Doug Holt
--
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 via K-9 Mail. Short but sweet..

-----—-----------------
Subject: RE: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Well, as I was saying, sometimes things happen. And something just happened. Our laser just cut out and we have to mobilize all our R&D resources into fixing it. This laser is the heart of our manufacturing process. It will take about a week for repairs, which will delay your project about 2 weeks.

I'm really sorry. We were making such good progress. But we can work on it without your bike if you need to take it. Would you like to pick it up tomorrow?

Again, I'm really sorry.

Thanks for understanding....Glenn

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a zero gravity tall screen off my FZ1, I'm just going to fab up a bracket to make it fit, it looks pretty good should work out!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone heard from Zero Gravity concerning a windscreen yet. They had no news a couple of weeks ago when I purchased a screen for my wife's R6S Yamaha

·
Registered
418 Posts
I got an email from them on March 24th stating they are working with a prototype now and cannot say when it'll be ready. I said F it and bought a Yamaha screen yesterday.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I stopped bugging them a while ago, they had my bike for 2-weeks for measuring etc.. Not sure how to light a fire in them, but I'm sure all you calling might help.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I got an email from them on March 24th stating they are working with a prototype now and cannot say when it'll be ready. I said F it and bought a Yamaha screen yesterday.
Yep tired of waiting. Called my dealership and they said they would give me the Yamaha factory screen for free. Going to go pick it up tomorrow. Later ZG.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Yep tired of waiting. Called my dealership and they said they would give me the Yamaha factory screen for free. Going to go pick it up tomorrow. Later ZG.
Nice! That's not a bad deal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Called them today and got the same answer I got 6 weeks ago.... Still in testing hope to have something in the next 4 weeks. Seems like this is the longest 4 weeks ever.

On the flip side was riding yesterday and wondering why I wanted a windscreen at all.

Edit - Gave up and have a big powerbronze one coming. Will probably only use it on the couple long trips a year I hope to take. Daily commuting I really don't see why I would benefit from one.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
everyone should keep calling them..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts