Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been on a few bike & car forums and this always seems to be a fun one. It's kind of a scavenger hunt, but ongoing, and since the weather is starting to get nicer it give more people an opportunity to play.

I'll pick the first one and make it easy. The first person to get the picture and post it up will get to choose the next location/object, then it just continues like that. Try to pick things that haven't been done before to keep it interesting. Repeats will be inevitable, so we can make fun of each other for a repeat, but go ahead and get that picture done anyway.

So first location is.... Your FZ/MT/XSR at a gas station.

Edit: Also you HAVE to get the picture AFTER the post has been made, don't use pictures that you've taken before.

I'll try to keep this running list of challenges updated:
1. Gas station
2. Car wash (yeah!)
3. Burger joint
4. State park sign
5. Lighthouse
6. Nuclear power plant
7. Historical monument/statue
8. Cow (the farm type)
9. Ocean view
10. Boarded up restaurant/bar
11. Graffiti
12. Fountain

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ChesterBurnet had an idea about doing a contest with weird and odd locations, I can see this getting to be fun. Hope someone gets out on the bike before me. I have weird ideas for days.
Try to make them easy-ish so we can keep the game going. Nothing like, your bike on the Bonneville Salt Flats. That could be a while for someone to get that. Something that you'll have in every town/state that people can get to, just to keep it moving. If the picture hasn't been taken within a week, then we pick another object/location.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
755 Posts
Does the picture have to be taken 'after' the request, or is a picture taken last year on a trip OK too?

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
@ChesterBurnet had an idea about doing a contest with weird and odd locations, I can see this getting to be fun. Hope someone gets out on the bike before me. I have weird ideas for days.
Yeah, I don’t know why that didn’t go anywhere... 🤷🏻‍♂️ I had a couple of pics ready to post, so I’m going to cheat and post them now. So there.

This is a radio telescope next to Biosphere2, which is now run by the University of Arizona. They acquired several of these to track “CubeSats”, little micro satellites about 4” square, used for research. And also to control the poplation through 5G, probably. 😜

I don’t know what this is supposed to be...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I still have yet to find the world's largest fire hydrant somewhere in Columbia but that was going to be mine.

I wanna get one of these and see if anyone can find a phonebooth.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
I wanna get one of these and see if anyone can find a phonebooth.
Phonebooth... I can’t remember exactly what that is, but it rings a bell...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
921 Posts
Here ya go. Got the MT07 out for now with the dual sport tires. Won’t bring the beast out of the stable until they clean the roads here.

Next up, how about out front of a good lunch stop. I’m thinking burgers!

View attachment 163913
Look at those tires! That’s awesome. Looking forward to the next challenge submission.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts