Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by the SQUID thread....

(1) Duck walk and put your feet out to come in for a landing while performing slow speed maneuvers.

(I'm still in the under 1000 miles club, so I'm learning. Wondering what you guys would categorize as new/silly rider behaviors)

What do you guys have?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do stuff like that when going from one car to another. My Camaro is manual. I drive it on the weekends. When I drive my commuter car, a Prius (ughh...I know, but 333k miles and no major issues, 50 mpg!), I will try to shift the car or attempt to press down on a clutch.

Reactions: ramblinman

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yeah, my car is manual, my left foot has stomped the floor of sister's mini van more than once.

Some newbie stuff I did at 13ish with my Honda SL 70:

The triple clamps had flimsy torsional strength, after a trivial drop in the dirt the bars and front wheel didn't point even close to the same direction. At first the only solution I could think of was to intentionally crash on the other side of the bike. After awhile I figured out all I needed to do was roll up to a tree, post etc and place the side of the wheel against the side of it and twist the bars as needed. (Tip: that isn't the way to align a street bike lol.)

First time taking the SL 70 apart I wondered if I should fill the steering stem with oil.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You know your a newb when.....

you ride for 3 miles with your blinker on.....and dont realize its on until you need to use it again.....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Doing 10 mph under the speed limit and holding on for dear life.

Reactions: Horsman

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
When your turning indicator is blinking as you pull up to a Red Light in the middle lane with No intention of turning:cool:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You know you're new...

1. When you crash pulling into a gravel parking lot at 2 mph.
2. When you see a curve 1/4 mile away and start hitting the brakes.
3. When you can't sleep at night because your buddy's bike has 2 more hp than yours does.
4. When your tires are worn out in the middle and look brand new on both sides.
5. When you start pretending to be an expert from the stuff you read on the Internet.
6.....and finally....when you start making fun of the squids to make yourself feel better.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
You know you're new...

3. When you can't sleep at night because your buddy's bike has 2 more hp than yours does.
5. When you start pretending to be an expert from the stuff you read on the Internet.
6.....and finally....when you start making fun of the squids to make yourself feel better.
Plus, you start Acting like an expert after buying a bunch of stuff for your bike on the Internet......Including the New FZ-09 t shirt, lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
you ride for 3 miles with your blinker on.....and dont realize its on until you need to use it again.....
Yeah, very early on in my riding career I got in the habit of punching the turn signal button straight in to make sure it was off and pushing the choke lever forward to make sure it was off too. Decades later I still do it as an unconscious thing, kinda comforting in a way...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Turn off your bike while fumbling for the horn... I know I know wrong side of the bike even!!! I can never find that button when I need it!!

When you go slower than the cagers in the curves.
I remember thinking.... Man I drive these curves faster in my 8000# deisel 4 wheel drive lifted truck.... With a trailer

·
Registered
520 Posts
You know you're new...

Ide have to say the bacon strips on tires could just mean you live in a shitty area for riding.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
You know your new to motorcycles if you buy a brand new bike and get rid of it after 1000 miles and 3 months. Also may be new to the depreciation concept.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ide have to say the bacon strips on tires could just mean you live in a shitty area for riding.
you can scrub your tires to the edge in a parking lot. In fact, I would always do that whenever I got new tires, to clear off all the virgin rubber.
You just can't get the rubber all balled up and juicy looking that way

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You're trying so hard to keep your feet tucked in and on the pegs you don't notice your right foot is on the arm of the rear brake pedal...

·
Registered
137 Posts
You know you are new when after practicing slow turning left for the dmv test for a month you drop the bike when you try to turn right.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts