Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the yoshimura system worth $700 new or should get a graves for about $990?

I am not looking for a loud exhaust just one that sounds good and improves performance.

I can get some discounts and was curios if the yoshimura system was worth buying or drop the money on a graves, AKRA, or two brothers?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I drool and drool and drool over the Yoshi system. I will get it one day when I pay my credit back up

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can't say if it's worth US$ 700 (anyway I paid US$ 1,100 here in Thailand for the carbon can model). I really liked the looks and I thought it sounded great in every clip I heard. I'm really happy with it. Without DB killer in it is pretty loud. Does it improve performance? Hard to say. Had it on a dyno last weekend after putting in a K&N air filter and, with DBK out, was just over 115 hp and 63 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am very happy with it. I have the carbon fiber model. Without the baffle in it is quite loud. I haven't tried it with the baffle in yet because I dig it the way it is. The sound is very deep. When I run it in my single-bay garage I can feel vibration in my chest. Wicked.

The only con is it sticks out a liiiiiiittle further outboard than I would prefer, but I can live with it.

Yoshi quality is top notch. Also, I've contacted their tech support twice with questions and received a prompt reply.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very happy with mine. The fit and finish is perfect.

With the DBK in, it has a nice deep tone and a moderate increase in volume without drawing too much attention.

As said above, the only negative for me was that the can does stick out from the swingarm a little. On the other hand, the headers are a much nicer fit than the AKRA carbon in terms of following the contours of the bike.

Just go with the system you like the look of I reckon.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Very happy with mine. The fit and finish is perfect.

With the DBK in, it has a nice deep tone and a moderate increase in volume without drawing too much attention.

As said above, the only negative for me was that the can does stick out from the swingarm a little. On the other hand, the headers are a much nicer fit than the AKRA carbon in terms of following the contours of the bike.

Just go with the system you like the look of I reckon.
You hit it on the head! It really turns out to be personal preference on ascetics. The power is close enough if your tune is good. Better rider wins!

Reactions: OZMT09

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered the yoshimura today. It will be delivered tomorrow. Now to decide on who to flash my ecu.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts