Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my fender eliminator in today and while putting it on I misinterpreted the instructions and pulled the pin that holds the keyhole cover on.. Now I can't figure out how to get this thing together right :O Can anyone give me a bit of help?

This is where I'm at.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I got my fender eliminator in today and while putting it on I misinterpreted the instructions and pulled the pin that holds the keyhole cover on.. Now I can't figure out how to get this thing together right :O Can anyone give me a bit of help?

This is where I'm at.

From the pic your pin is still in place.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at it backwards so I'd only force it to stay open.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hard to tell from the pic when assembled but from what I remember there is a little shelf that one end of the spring sets in.

That second pic looks correct. Does it close ?

·
Registered
182 Posts

This is where I'm at.

I did the same exact thing yesterday, I haven't been out in the garage to straighten it out yet. Worst was I watched SBTG install the graves FE and still screwed this part up.

Disappointed that I'm missing one of the screws for the plate LED housing and the instructions are lacking pictures but.....

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts