Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
What do you expect the price point to be at?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi All;
For my tastes, the manufacturers, are missing here by not emulating the original looking muffler.
The original is tough looking, minus the bulbous chamber..
The only one that looks good to me is the akcro.
When talking with Leo Vince, I said make it look like the original and we will buy it.
Valvestem :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Id say it will knock hard on the $1000 door

·
Registered
221 Posts
just when i decided to get the Akra. Luckily I havent ordered anything yet. So maybe when I have enough money for the Akra, the Yoshi will be out.

*edit* I just heard the Yoshi.. not sure if I like it or not. Im not a huge fan of the can design. Maybe they will have different options for colors.. Akra will still be my goal

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just called them.
For the full carbon can, MSRP is set at $995.
For a carbon tip, MSRP is set at $895.

These prices are for the FULL SYSTEM. Feel free to call and verify for yourself :)

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Never been a fan of the Yoshimura exhausts. I guess I still remember the day when they were pretty cheaply made and really didn't have the "look" for me. YMMV

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi All;
For my tastes, the manufacturers, are missing here by not emulating the original looking muffler.
The original is tough looking, minus the bulbous chamber..
The only one that looks good to me is the akcro.
When talking with Leo Vince, I said make it look like the original and we will buy it.
Valvestem :D
You maybe on to something. I wonder if the bulbous part can be replaced by a pipe while keeping the headers and the tail pipe. It would be crazy noisy.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
If you like that style can and willing drop $1k your better off buying the Graves system. Building a system like the OEM or Akra will cost too much time and money to develop which is why everyone else is doing traditional can designs. Akra was the only company that had a head start, time and money to develop their system. The only other company that could pull off the Akra style exhaust is QD but they only focus on European bikes.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Heres what I'm talking about..

Either of these would look sweet on the FZ09

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
how come we arent getting more slip on options?
Because the OEM system is 1-piece and would require a hack saw. Major manufacturers probably see this as a liability.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I had a full carbon Yoshimura R77 system on my 300 Ninja. End cap yellowed within 6 months.

Their headers however, are always beautiful.

I agree with others, the stock exhaust on the 09 looks pretty mean, and quite modern. Shame about the ballsack. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
221 Posts
PASS!
I hate how far it sticks out... that was a big reason I went with the GPR.
Niner, do you have a video on youtube? I think I commented on it haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts