Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This isn't really a build thread, but I figured I might as well have a single thread where I can post my mods as I do them, rather than starting a bunch of new threads.

Current Mods:
  • Stoltec ECU Flash
  • Graves Fender Eliminator
  • Lupus Lights Integrated Taillight
  • Custom Tinted Proton Flush-mount Signals
  • Mad Hornet Levers
  • RhinoMoto Bar Ends
  • CRG Blindsight Mirrors
  • RAM Phone Mount
  • Painted Exhaust
  • Puig Speedometer Backshell
  • Targa Tag Light

·
Registered
657 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the compliments, guys

my post from another thread:

The exhaust cover is held on with three allen bolts. I used painters tape and cardboard to cover the tip of the exhaust. I chose to keep the cap chrome because i thought it blended with the rear sets nicely. After it was taped up I stuck it on a post and gave it a couple coats with this paint. Just make sure you time your coats correctly so that you dont get any runs.

Its held up pretty well so far. And even if it chips, its easy and cheap to respray it. I am probably going to wind up getting an aftermarket exhaust at some point anyways

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am whoring up these threads tonight so I need to make a comment.... It is very sexxay and very tight. I noticed you dropped the graves turn signals and went wit some integrated tail light???

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I tinted my proton signals and installed a usb outlet. I couldnt find the smoked protons anywhere when i ordered them, so I figured I'd give this a shot. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Before:

After:

What I used:

USB Outlet:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Installed the Puig Speedometer Backshell. Got to say, I am very happy with it. Install took 30 seconds. You just back out the top two bolts on the speedo, put this piece on, then attach using the stock bolts. I think it looks totally stock, which is something none of the other screens accomplished IMO. It doesnt take away from the naked look at all. I also like that you cant even see it when you are sitting on the bike.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That's a cool little speedo shield. Also, I need to do the phone mount thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts