Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a 4 hour ride today on the stock seat holy moly my butt is still burning and it's been 9 hours later ha ha.I ride it to work and back home (25 min one way) so this was my first long ride and ya definitely agree with the other guys burning butt is real lol.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If I move around when it starts to bother me it really doesn't seem to be that bad. It's not a goldwing after all.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
My stock seat is getting redone right now, and should have it back this Tuesday evening. It will involve leveling the slope forward, new, higher grade foam and reshaping of the original seat, plus a new cover. I probably will not get a chance to ride it until next weekend though.

Reactions: rtsb and marthy

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Can't wait to see that Triple. I always dig custom stuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I'll post a couple of pics when I get it back. This same guy did the seat on my Aprilia DorsoDuro a couple of years ago and transformed it from a "wooden plank" of a seat, to one that I could do 250 to 275 mile days on inn relative comfort. We shall see!

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I'll post a couple of pics when I get it back. This same guy did the seat on my Aprilia DorsoDuro a couple of years ago and transformed it from a "wooden plank" of a seat, to one that I could do 250 to 275 mile days on inn relative comfort. We shall see!
Your butt is gonna thank you.

My stock seat was a bad match to my boney butt, but not as bad as the seat on my Ninja 1000. That one had me standing on the pegs after only 20 minutes. It was a real hemorrhoid special!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Your butt is gonna thank you.

My stock seat was a bad match to my boney butt, but not as bad as the seat on my Ninja 1000. That one had me standing on the pegs after only 20 minutes. It was a real hemorrhoid special!
I know exactly what you mean. The DorsoDuro seat was so bad that in the less than 20 miles from my driveway to the start of Deals Gap (Tabcat Bridge), my butt was killing me. Once I got on the hill though, it was OK, since I was sliding from side to side constantly going through the turns.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I move around when it starts to bother me it really doesn't seem to be that bad. It's not a goldwing after all.
To each his own :)

Reactions: Brvt1000

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the bike I looked at for 3 years wanting one real bad until I went to the IMC show in Feb and fell in love with the FZ and have had no regrets :)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i missed 2 beautiful weeks of weather waiting for mine to be finished (2-3 days has turned into 2 weeks and counting) - rain later on this week so i'll likely get it just in time for the bad weather :)

Either way - i'm pumped to get it back and have something that can hold up to all day riding.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a 40 min ride to work each way and a boney butt so i feel your pain. Im waiting to see what the Sargent seat looks like before i make a decision. I hope they hurry.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A good friend of mine told me about a place called Rich's Custom Seats where he has had his seats made it's about 1 1/2 hours North of me but I'll have to look into it pretty cool they work with you all day to make your seat right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts