Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Celebration :laughing4: , you bet I celebrated my first low-side on my sexy 9er. Beer - confetti and a good scrub down made for an excellent end of the track day lol

The OES sliders and spool set (quick installation)saved the entire right site, after washing out at DCTC on corner #6. I love the double left corners and a quick right (#6), but after 5 hours of heavy track time… I simple blinked and washout to the left –awesome slide!!

Now my 9er wears it as a badge, and so does my leathers yeaaahh can’t wait for the August 9th for our next track day. The saga continuous….. The track and US… here we come. :blob8:

bruised left thump with a puncture wound
DCTC20140726-1.jpg

OES right sliders.. awesome job guys!!!
DCTC20140726-2.jpg

See not a scratch on the right frame site, except the rear brake pedal broke
DCTC20140726-3.jpg

The Front OES took the mayor slide, ~1inch plus
DCTC20140726-4.jpg

The OES rear spool was still protecting after the hit and slide yeaaa
DCTC20140726-5.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey

I hope you get a quick recovery. Also, I'm glad to see that the sliders took all the damage. I low-sided mine without having any sliders and it scratched the side of my engine and my mirrors :(

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
...first mod I do on every bike, cheap insurance against potentially expensive damage.
Indeed, a BMW HP4 ~$25k washed out on corner #12 (long right double apex), I was 2 bikes lanes behind him saw it happen and got around him -ufda

His right site was gone, seriously all scratched up and both brake levers broken, the fearing was torn what a mess... sooooo sad it really hurt seeing that, such an awesome rare bike. What a pity....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like the sliders paid off! I have the same set of sliders, glad to see they saved your bike! Get better soon!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Good to see you and the FZ received relatively minor injuries. Seems motorcycle racing and skiing have something in common - accidents often occur in the afternoon when folks are tired. Your pics confirm OES sliders as my first purchase.

·
Registered
833 Posts
After seeing that, I think OES sales will spike. Me included.....now to find the best price.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
After seeing that, I think OES sales will spike. Me included.....now to find the best price.
I found their complete set for the FZ-09 on EBay for $129 about six months ago, or maybe it was their own company website. Regardless, they're easy to find.

NO Regrets:cool:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yeah, sliders sacrifice themselves. Personally I go with Woodcraft products. How is OES for buying replacement parts? Or do you have to buy a new kit?

I was impressed that the cases seem ok. Every crash is different though, still worth getting case protectors I think.

DevilsThorn, how was your hand injured? Were you still holding the bars when they hit the pavement? Something went through your gloves to puncture you? Ouch, I hope you heal quickly.

A buddy was doing a track day on his nice Honda street Superbike, lowsided, was too stubborn to let go, the bike flopped into a high side and that did a nasty break of the right 5th metacarpal, the palm bone going to your little finger. When you lowside separate from your bike quickly, it isn't your friend anymore lol.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Complete set, four frame sliders, front axle and rear spools $129.99 direct from OES, free shipping. They'll sell replacement parts for one side if you crash.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
...How is OES for buying replacement parts? Or do you have to buy a new kit?
...DevilsThorn, how was your hand injured?
Regarding to the OES replacement parts;
It was actually funny, all other slider models on the OES web site had a section for replacement parts except the FZ09. So I emailed Noah from OES on Sunday, and his brother Jacob emailed me back the next day saying they simple overlooked putting in the replacement part section lol
See what a great outfit OES is... like Nick at Stoltec Moto, they get right on and fix it. BTW my right site slider parts are in route, they will arrive quicker than the rear brake lever ordered from Sharkparts (well they have to get the part first, then ship it out).

About my left hand... I really can't tell you why and how.
I only remember seen in my right corner eye that it was getting really dark quickly and at the same time my bike sliding away from me :culpability:
Had to go to the Doc for an X-Ray and my left hand no fracture simple heavily bruised, and got a couple stitches... now I know how important a thumb actually is -grin

....- accidents often occur in the afternoon when folks are tired. .
Indeed, I should pulled into the pits after a couple easy mistakes I made... Guys being over-focus hurt me by simple ignoring my warning sign - mistakes I made. Now I'm trying to figure out a counting system that I can mount next to the clutch, to keep my error count in check = balance.

The back of the foot peg was scraped
DCTC_20140727_155633.jpg

NO issues getting the 8mm bolts out, nice and clean. Not even a bend or wobble in them
DCTC_20140727_155807.jpg

Not bad...
DCTC_20140727_163120.jpg

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hope you are okay!

Get the OES sliders if you don't have them. The install is really easy and the guys there are great to deal with.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
166 Posts
I knew sliders would be my first upgrade, but now I am sold on OES sliders hands down!! I am also going to get a set of case sliders (The only ones I've seen so far are T-rex's on ebay for 100) for added security.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
....going to get a set of case sliders (The only ones I've seen so far are T-rex's on ebay for 100) for added security.
I would not choose T-Rex's (see post on this forum), I would choose Woodcraft (still pending) or the 'GB Racing Engine Cover Set'. I don't like replacements I like cover set for easy of isntallation and added securityy (thickness).

Check GP set out, bit pricy still cheaper than fixing the damage....
GB Racing Engine Cover Set Yamaha FZ09 MT09 2014 Secondary Engine Cover Set Four Pieces

Heyy they have a cover for the water-pump!
GP20305.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts