Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2021 MT-09
Anyone can find something about anything - bike, auto, a house, clothing, someone's appearance, that they find less than appealing and/or think it could be improved. It's subjective - a matter of one's opinion, right?

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/2022-yamaha-xsr900-first-look-preview/

It appears the 2022 XSR900 is getting the updated 2021 MT-09 upgrades, which probably should've been done for the 2021 model? If that's the case, I personally have no qualms about the massive frame. Sure you could argue if it was smaller, it'd be less noticeable. But conversely someone else could argue that being large, it shows off the frame's engineering and structural design. Again, it's subjective - you like it, you don't like it, or you're too busy having fun riding the bike to even give any thought to it (like me 馃榿 ).

BTW Greg, are you thinking of or planning to get a 2022 XSR? If so, I'd definitely recommend doing so, as I love my 2021 MT-09!馃憤

Registered
It is a lot of frame, but it looks ok to me. The radiator from a front angle is what stands out to my eye. Seems a bit overgrown for the space, but it all looks fine from behind the bars. Overall, I think they're great looking bikes.

Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
Personally, I鈥檇 rather have a big, beefy frame that makes the bike handle like a superbike than a spindly tube frame that looks 鈥渢rue to the retro theme鈥. And though the current XSR has a decent enough frame, it鈥檚 not ideal, and they鈥檝e now made it much better. And there are no more tackle boxes bolted to the side of the frame like it was an afterthought!

At least you haven鈥檛 (yet) joined the chorus of 鈥淥MG that seat!鈥濃 馃槀

As for me, I鈥檓 anxiously awaiting the announcement of a US version!

Registered
Its growing on me but the seat still looks quite "wrong" and overall I think it just looks like a naked bike- there is no retro JMHO

Registered
Its growing on me but the seat still looks quite "wrong" and overall I think it just looks like a naked bike- there is no retro JMHO
I agree with you about the seat, but that being said it wouldn't stop me from buying it because you can get a custom seat made with not a lot of money these days and a tail tidy and a nice exhaust , that's going to sort out the bike in terms of looks.

Aleks

Registered
2021 MT-09
I really like this 2022 XSR, and were it not for the fact I already have my 2021 MT09, I would likely go for one of these. I like the looks, and Legend Blue paint and wheel scheme, and it already comes with bar-end mirrors AND cruise control (reportedly). At an advertised $9999, you're really paying $500 or so for the cruise control - that's a bit less than the current aftermarket offerings.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

1 - 11 of 11 Posts