Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled out the Yamaha Customer Surveys today. Took delivery of my bike a month ago with the old CCT, mentioned it to the dealer who told me it wasn't a big deal and bring it back if it gave me any trouble. Had 800 miles on the bike with no noise but installed the Fizzer Mod anyway. Wasn't real happy with the dealer's attitude.
Took it to them for the first service, the oil drain plug was loose and the new grips installed had glue pushed in to the throttle housing, the throttle started to seize up on the ride home.
I mentioned all of this in the survey, not sure if anything will come of it but figured it can't hurt ?
Love the bike otherwise.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It's a sad state when you can't trust the service guys to do a proper job. Every dealer I've dealt with has made some sort of mistake... I would let Yamaha know, for sure. Can't fix something if they don't know it's broke!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Filled out the Yamaha Customer Surveys today. Took delivery of my bike a month ago with the old CCT, mentioned it to the dealer who told me it wasn't a big deal and bring it back if it gave me any trouble. Had 800 miles on the bike with no noise but installed the Fizzer Mod anyway. Wasn't real happy with the dealer's attitude.
Took it to them for the first service, the oil drain plug was loose and the new grips installed had glue pushed in to the throttle housing, the throttle started to seize up on the ride home.
I mentioned all of this in the survey, not sure if anything will come of it but figured it can't hurt ?
Love the bike otherwise.
I just took mine in for first service and mentioned that I had been hearing a buzzing sound (which literally stopped that morning), and the guy there said it was just the "cut gears" breaking in. I mentioned the CCT as a possible problem, and he just told me "I can't see the CCT going out that early". I figured that was really the point, as it's not SUPPOSED to be out that early. Here's hoping my mysterious buzzing remains forever absent, and he was right.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
With the CCT being such a wisespread problem, Im surprised that dealers aren't more aware.

Every day there are several posts about what dealers/service managers say/do that support my idea that dealers should be avoided at all cost. They are salesmen, not technicians.

·
Registered
62 Posts
what's the part number for that again? I mentioned it to my dealer at the 600 mi service interval and he said he wasn't aware of any updated part or problem with the FZ. Next time I go in I'll mention the part number and tell them to look it up. I think they were too lazy and just didn't want to deal with it. 1500 mi on the bike now, still can't really hear it, but I have a buddy who has the same bike with 1000 miles, his is pretty bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts