Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen where a Yamaha Service Manual could be ordered? I'm guessing that the bike is so new that they aren't out yet? Post up links in this thread if you find something. And please........let's keep it limited to YAMAHA only on the service manuals.

Reactions: eolith and v2Bob

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Bobby....I love you man!......question though. I am assuming that the letters on the end are the colors...Gy for the gray or graphite, O for the Orange, and r for the red. So, my question is, there is a ECR version and a ER version.....does the ECR version fit the California bike and the ER version fit the 49 state version?

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At some point in time, someone will make a PDF version, but it will be a copyright infringed/bootleg item that will magically start appearing on the interwebs.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Thanks Bobby....I love you man!......question though. I am assuming that the letters on the end are the colors...Gy for the gray or graphite, O for the Orange, and r for the red. So, my question is, there is a ECR version and a ER version.....does the ECR version fit the California bike and the ER version fit the 49 state version?
the service manual covers all of the models, including california.

thank you! Do they not do the PDF version?
i'm not sure. i've seen pdf's of other yamaha service manuals, but i don't know if that was from yamaha or from somebody who scanned in the paper manuals.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Holy crap 93 bucks seems kinda steep for a manual. thanks for the update though. Is that crazy or is it just me?
that's about right for a factory service manual. it's not an owner's manual, it details troubleshooting/disassembly/reassembly/specifications for every component of the bike down to the last bolt. most people would not find value in this, it's for those who like to get down and dirty with their hands.

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy crap 93 bucks seems kinda steep for a manual. thanks for the update though. Is that crazy or is it just me?

Yea that's pretty high. The last new one I bought, several years ago was $60. Having said though I just ordered one. One trip to the dealer for something you could do yourself, with a service manual handy, and there is your $90.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I paid $120 for my mazda protege manual in paper form. Nissan has a deal where you pay $20 for 24 hours of access and you can view as much as you want. If you're smart, you can safe all the PDF files (they're broken into subsections) and have it all for $20.

$93 ( + $12.77 UPS ground = $105.77) does seems a little steep for a paper manual for a bike, but there it is. I've ordered a paper copy, so if a PDF shows up somewhere, I'll definitely download it for easier reference on a tablet/laptop while working on the bike.

·
Registered
555 Posts
My dealer for my Honda CTX gives me 10% off. So I ordered the manual through dealer and did not pay shipping and got 10% off. That is what I hope to do with my Yamaha dealer. Maybe I can't but I will try once I get my bike. I put down the deposit over a month ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone seen where a Yamaha Service Manual could be ordered? I'm guessing that the bike is so new that they aren't out yet? Post up links in this thread if you find something. And please........let's keep it limited to YAMAHA only on the service manuals.
I am pretty sure I got a service manual through yamaha's website for free after registering and entering my VIN info for my R1.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
My daughters 2011 Ford Fiesta manual is $170
Our Scion XBmk2 is in 3 books totalling over $300
Helm Manuals

I have not bought either

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got word from my parts manager today, service manual for Fz09 is on back order. Any body else get theirs yet? I have interest in 2 areas. 1. Throttle body sync procedure and 2. Fuel programing thru the LCD unit. On my fz6 I was able to make adjustments to fueling to accomadate lean conditions caused by catalytic converter removal and free flow air filter install.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 92 Posts