1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am thinking of whats missing... FZ2, FZ3, FZ4 and FZ5 are still available..

In all seriousness though, I would like to see an update to the R6. I'd be very interested if it somehow managed to get a triple..

·
Registered
511 Posts
They used to have a similar event in Denver but they stopped. Probably cause guys like me were walking around drooling on everything. Don't recall demo rides at this event because it was held in the winter. I want some pics of that 200 Hp R1 okay Steve?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Man I would love to go to this!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You watch they will announce the new fz-09 in black with an R-spec as I just threw in the towel and bought a new 2014 Ducati SF848.....
Congratulations. Let us know how you like the the New 848. Many will want to hear & see some photo's too.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You watch they will announce the new fz-09 in black with an R-spec as I just threw in the towel and bought a new 2014 Ducati SF848.....
Good luck and god speed with your new Italian mistress c.gif

...Steve, we expect copious pictures and details of the new Yamahas 4.gif

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks gents appreciate the comments. It's funny on some forums there would be some smart a$$ remarks, but this crowd is awesome. I will absolutely get an 09 one of these days, but it might be a later model down the road in a color scheme I dig, or maybe, just maybe an R spec bike. I'm not too handy so working on my bike isn't in the cards right now so I had to get something that was ready to roll right out of the box that I could ride hard. I love that engine on the 09, it's a gem for sure.

So am breaking in the SF848 and there are so many different theories on how to break it in. I am rolling the dice and riding it like I just stole it, but keeping it off the rev limiter, strong engine braking, variable rpm's, etc.....hopefully it holds up as i don't trust the Ducati dependability the way I would a Yamaha engine.

In short I love it. Ridiculous torque. I will upload a few pics here in a bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"So am breaking in the SF848 and there are so many different theories on how to break it in."

Not if you talk to engine builders, in which case it goes something like 1: 20 mins of runs FT from 2,000-3/4 redline to seat the rings, then change oil. 2: 1,500 miles lots of heat cycles, don't lug it, no steady speed running, 75% of redline, 3/4 throttle accel. The first part of that is usually done at the dealer, but not always, and almost never with an oil change. Good luck with your new bike, it's a beaut.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah that is pretty much what I'm doing. I was wondering if the fz-09's come from the factory with mineral oil or full synthetic? The duc came with full synthetic and I just changed out the oil this morning at 75 miles on odo. If I went by factory break in, I would be driving miss daisy around and keeping rpm's under 5500. Don't have the discipline for that anyways....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts