Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Id get the dual sport. But I am sure it will be priced way too high.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Depending on price and final performance figures I'll be giving them a serious look. I want an electric bike now but the price vs performance/ride time isn't up to par yet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great looking city bike. True 62mph is nothing to get excited about but I bet it gets there pretty quick

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
You know, being a Journeyman Electrician, I should be all excited about an electric bike......but....I have ZERO interest in that sector of motorcycles. Watt do you think of that? I'm "resisting" it with all my "power"......I'm just not "ampped up about them.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm interested. I'm also a fan of their PAS line. The 62mph top speed would realistically be 50mph with me on it - but that's better than the other electric bikes/scooters that I've owned.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You know, being a Journeyman Electrician, I should be all excited about an electric bike......but....I have ZERO interest in that sector of motorcycles. Watt do you think of that? I'm "resisting" it with all my "power"......I'm just not "ampped up about them.
My main interest in electric is not having to stop at the gas station. I hate going to the gas station.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
It would be great as a city commuter, but it would be pointless at the price they will have to charge. It's like buying a $40k electric vehicle to save $$ on gas LMAO

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The last time I worked it out for a Zero S at current prices, that bike would pay for itself in 12 years. The savings didn't just come from using cheaper electricity, it came from the lack of maintenance... no oil changes, no throttle body syncs, no valve adjustments... no CCT replacements... ;) That's assuming there are no out of warranty issues, of course!
If Yamaha can keep the price down... I'd love to have one to whirr around on. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Minimum 6000 miles (10K kilometers)... plus charging at night (1/2 price) and at work.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The cost of the bike could be offset by a tax break. A friend that bought a "demo" Volt said after the break it worked out to about $22K. And he's getting 130 mpg. I bought a hybrid only to have the gov't say the tax break was only for "plug ins" now. I do like the look of the streetbike. 221 lbs. Wow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts