Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the FZ/MT OEM top case mount installed or happen to know if this mount will fit on the XSR900? I'm not sure there is enough clearance for the XSR tail light. I know there are several other options that are even less expensive than this one, but I like that it has the integrated grab rails for when my wife and I are just out on a weekend ride with no luggage needs. I've included the link below.

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/...d=46|46&ls=yamaha-motor-company&dealernumber=

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would check the frame to see if it even has the nuts welded on for the rack to bolt to before I worried if it would fit otherwise.

·
Registered
239 Posts
According to a search they do not share the same subframe.

ETA: further digging and they do both use that new part # B90-21190-00-00. The FZ originally used 1RC-21190-00-00 but has been replaced by B90-21190-00-00.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the weight rating on this is laughably low. Like 11 lbs or something. Can't find the source, but think it was on this forum somewhere. Just something to be aware of

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed a GIVI 2115FZ Top Case Monorack this morning. You will need to buy the monokey plate as well. There is fair amount of space above the tail light. It is also compatible with the GIVI PL2128 side rack.

To install the top rack you will need to drill four holes using the provided template which is easy.

Install time is 1-1.5 hours if you have side rack installed already like I do, you’ll need to use spacers for the side rack case racks for the bolts closet to the tail light.

Install time without a side case rack, probably 45min or an hour.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts