Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I joined this forum, I've been keeping an eye out for Yamaha OEM LED blinkers which are not sold to the US market. A few here have ordered them from overseas or canada but it costs an arm and a leg to get it here.

Apparently a company called Lighttech makes a set of blinkers that are nearly IDENTICAL to the Yamaha ones. I only found two sites to buy from, both around $75 for the set. Check em out!

LighTech LED Turn Signals - DOT Approved - OPPRACING Products

EDIT: Well I feel silly. I just made my way over to the official Lightech site and realized it is the Italian company someone else linked to for some of the other parts for the MT/FZ09. Well at any rate, the link I provided above is to a California based parts site and is a way cheaper alternative to importing the official yamaha ones from outside the US.

EDIT 2: Well everybody, sorry for the useless thread but OPP just emailed me after waiting almost FOUR MONTHS that they will not be able to get these signals. GAME OVER.

Reactions: mxlu

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops double post. mods delete please

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I bought the LighTech turn signals for the front of my bike, but I bought the model FRE908NER...they have LED running lights built in to them also.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the LighTech turn signals for the front of my bike, but I bought the model FRE908NER...they have LED running lights built in to them also.
what did you do about the adapter plates? did you buy some or make your own?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the OEM LED's designed by LighTech?

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Can we see pictures, esp how bright the signals are in DRL mode in the day? Anything from the install to show how easy/complicated it was?
I just received them the other day...I haven't installed them yet.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Would be good to know if they are more or less plug and play. If they are - I'm all over this particularly if the running lights are preserved.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
welp i just placed an order for the turn signals and the adapter plates. OPP charged me $8.50 for shipping from cali to pennsylvania. Gonna take a few weeks to arrive as they ship from italy to california, then back across the US to me. I'll let you all know what they look like when I get them. That is the last piece to 'complete' my build!

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i don't care what triplethreat says about you DNFDOUG - you're a good man.

These look damn awesome. They are going on my wish list for winter mods. - Assuming they were an easy install?

PS. i like your logo theme song @ the end

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I used three wire connectors from eBay as well as Tapcon connectors for the handguards, as well as an LED blinker relay and adapter plates for the mount. It took me a total of 30 minutes front and rear. I have done it to several bikes. My advise is to map out all of the wire colors on paper and test them before you permanently splice the wires.

Yamaha Blinker Connector 3 Wire Plug for Yamaha Turn Signal Pair | eBay

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
i don't care what triplethreat says about you DNFDOUG - you're a good man.

These look damn awesome. They are going on my wish list for winter mods. - Assuming they were an easy install?

PS. i like your logo theme song @ the end
Quit trying to suck up with Doug.....he ain't gonna take the flashers off the front of his bike and mail them to you. :cool:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Quit trying to suck up with Doug.....he ain't gonna take the flashers off the front of his bike and mail them to you. :cool:
this would imply that i pay for them. Given there are 10 -15 houses in the state of Tennessee and likely only 1 with a tepid red in the driveway - will be fairly easy to steal them mwuahahaha

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I used three wire connectors from eBay as well as Tapcon connectors for the handguards, as well as an LED blinker relay and adapter plates for the mount. It took me a total of 30 minutes front and rear. I have done it to several bikes. My advise is to map out all of the wire colors on paper and test them before you permanently splice the wires.

Yamaha Blinker Connector 3 Wire Plug for Yamaha Turn Signal Pair | eBay
Looking good. But dont the OEM signal light's wires fit these? Or do we need the extra wire because we have to use the relay?
How does it go? Flasher replaced with relay and relay attaches to all signals?
(Sidenote, I have ended up with two stock flashers somehow- got a spare when I thought my original had gone kaput- it was just a blown fuse)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i'm headed to Jon's (CustomLED) house tonight to swap out my prototype taillight with a finished one - i should ask him about the set up given i already have his relay in place...

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Looking good. But dont the OEM signal light's wires fit these? Or do we need the extra wire because we have to use the relay?
How does it go? Flasher replaced with relay and relay attaches to all signals?
(Sidenote, I have ended up with two stock flashers somehow- got a spare when I thought my original had gone kaput- it was just a blown fuse)
Relay plug is behind the battery for all of the blinkers and just snaps in. The lights have three wires with barrel conectors that I snip off and tie into the eBay connectors. They do not come plug and play.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts