Transmission system: Constant Mesh, 6-speed
Final transmission: Chain

Chassis
Frame: Diamond
Front suspension system: Telescopic forks
Front travel: 137 mm
Caster angle: 25º
Trail: 103 mm
Rear suspension system: Swingarm, (Link type suspension)
Rear travel: 130 mm
Front brake: Hydraulic dual disc, Ø 298 mm
Rear brake: Hydraulic single disc, Ø 245 mm
Front tyre: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) (Tubeless)
Rear tyre: 180/55ZR17M/C (73W) (Tubeless)

Dimensions
Overall length: 2,075 mm
Overall width: 815 mm
Overall height: 1,135 mm
Seat height: 849.5 mm
Wheel base: 1,440 mm
Minimum ground clearance: 135 mm
Wet weight: (including full oil and fuel tank) - kg
Fuel tank capacity: 14 L
Oil tank capacity: 3.4 L

·
Registered
209 Posts
Almost there Yamaha.... I could throw number plates on my volkswagon rabbit to make it look cool, but until you upgrade the pogo sticks - it just doesn't matter.

Neat look though!
Indeed. I see nothing of true value or performance upgraded on either the rally or tracker.

Front suspension: telescopic forks
Rear suspension: swingarm (link type suspension)

Next cue the marketing videos of the tracker getting thrown all over the tarmac by professional riders complete with jumps, slides, wheelies, etc. Edit out any wallowing, pogo action and busted oil pans.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I don't get it?...what is a "Street Tracker"?...and what is different about that version?...besides the few visual elements

·
Registered
962 Posts
I don't get it?...what is a "Street Tracker"?...and what is different about that version?...besides the few visual elements
Street Tracker and Scrambler are names we used to call street bikes that had been modified to be able to handle dirt roads or moderate trails. You wouldn't ride motocross jumps on them, but you wouldn't have ridden a regular street bike 10 miles out a dirt road to get to a private spot on the lake, let alone to Mazatlan or Cabo. The Triumph Scrambler is the only current manufactured one - but Honda did it in the 70's turning CB's into CL's. The current adventure bikes are similar - except they are huge and expensive.
cb350.jpg cl350.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Incidentally, anyone thinking of fitting the latest OXFORD hand guards to their MT09...hand back. The inner handlebars are threaded and the OXFORD handguards ( which do look superb and are very well made )
have fittings for a smooth inner surface so they cannot get a tight purchase to hold them firm. OXFORD are currently looking into it after I returned them to the dealers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts