Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Lots of distracting movements in the field of view. Mounted on the handlebars seems more stable. Your head moving around in the video doesn't work. Do you agree?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
That made me dizzy. I am going to spend the rest of the day burping and bouncing off of walls like the first time I played Call Of Duty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots of distracting movements in the field of view. Mounted on the handlebars seems more stable. Your head moving around in the video doesn't work. Do you agree?
Hi, I agree with all of what you said. And one more negative point: the place where I put the camera is totally desconfortable for me. The wind touches the camera and make the helmet goes a little in that direction and I also sense some interference/noises when go more than 100km/h.

I am thinking in a better place to put it. Handlebar is one option but I am also thinking in other places ;)

That made me dizzy. I am going to spend the rest of the day burping and bouncing off of walls like the first time I played Call Of Duty.
Don't forget to clean it after :rolleyes:

The position of the camera is really bad and at night this camera hasn't quality!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with the mount... your frame rate is off. Angle it up, adjust the frame rate settings and you're good. I have plenty of helmet vids that are smooth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely nothing wrong with the mount... your frame rate is off. Angle it up, adjust the frame rate settings and you're good. I have plenty of helmet vids that are smooth.
Hi, I agree with you. In the second video I changed a little bit the angle of the camera (still not enough, but with some more changes it would be good). The main problem for me is the feelings I had mainly over 100km/h. I really felt some "weight" in the right size of the helmet/head and it seemed to pull (like if I had a little paddle in the place of the camera) and also some interference/noise.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
There is also shoulder and chest mounts to get it off your helmet, if you find the helmet mount is uncomfortable at highway speeds.

Accessoriesa-Action-Camera-Adjustable-Go-Pro-Chest-Mount-Harness-Chesty-font-b-Strap-b-font-For.jpg

Another option is mounting the camera off the chin of your helmet, so you don't get drag on one side.

gopro-hero-helmet-chin-mounting-and-mic-set-up-motovlogging-gopro-hero-2-vs-gopro-hero-3_531700.jpg

Our just go nuts and it won't matter how windy it is, once your neck muscles get use to all the added weight, lol.

gopro-maniac.jpg

Joking aside, you can also use this stuff called Sugru to mount a camera on just about any shaped surface.

Skip to the 1:35 mark to see how the Sugru works.

https://sugru.com/buy

Just beware, there is already Counterfit Sugru for sale on ebay.

https://sugru.com/questions/is-counterfit-sugru-a-thing-i-may-have-been-sold-a-convincingly-packaged-fake-online

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Rocky_MTN_FZ09, thanks for the advises and I will see the video soon. I also have the chest mount and I will try it soon (I hope).I also have other supports that I will try!

@Dynotik, I will try that. Regarding to the fps I had 30 because I was trying the 2K resolution of the Xiaomi Yi and I never changed it, because I even didn't remember that. Thanks for remember, maybe next time I change it and we can see the differences!

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Does your camera have an image stabilizer option? I know on my Sony HDR-AS100V, the option can be turned on or off. Having it turned on makes a huge difference on how smooth the video looks.

Just something worth double checking in your camera settings.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Keep working out the details and I am sure it will be perfection soon. Never heard of that sugru but that look like fun stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts