Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Yamaha MT-07 Released in Canada as 2015 FZ-07 [Video]

9K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  deadduck357 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

The newest member of the "FZ family", the all new 2015 FZ-07 is a motorcycle that brings fun, affordability and riding enjoyment back to the street. This versatile naked roadster offers deep engine torque and a comfortable riding position in a lightweight, easy to handle sports chassis. It's the perfect machine for both new and experienced riders alike who are looking for outstanding value.

POWER
All new, liquid-cooled, 689cc, inline twin has been designed to provide deep, powerful torque in the most frequently used rpm range (3,000 to 6,500 rpm). A single balancer shaft keeps things silky smooth, while the 6-speed transmission with overdrive 6th gear reduces engine rpms at highway speeds and enhances the engine's character.

CONTROL
The 38mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system combines with the 270 degree "Crossplane Concept" CP2 crankshaft to provide easy to use linear throttle response, providing the rider with the ability to control the FZ-07 at will.

STYLE
From the compact "diamond type" frame to the single 60/55 watt headlight to the naked roadster bodywork, the FZ-07's styling highlights its super lightweight of only 179 kgs (395 lbs). The conventional handlebar design and upright riding position translates into all day riding comfort.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
This looks like the third thread on this subject, but I'll chime in again. This is good news/bad news. Sure, the "07" is coming to Canada, but still no word on the U.S.

What really grinds my gears, is when asked, Yamaha says they can't discuss future models. WTF? Man up, and say yes, no, or you're thinking about it. Perhaps admit you're waiting to see how it sells in Canada.

While you avoid the question, customers are going to the competition. Winter is winding down here, and if Yamaha doesn't commit in the next 5-6 weeks, I'm buying a Honda.

#3 ·
I wish Yamaha woud commit to sending the -07 to the US, as much as I would like the -09 I've always liked vertical twins, it would be tough and I would have to take a test ride on both but the -07 specs out as great all around bike and I like the smallness of the package. It would also be great to get Nick at Stoltec interested in it so that he could work it over as needed, that's if it comes here I mean...I like it, Mark

#4 ·
The answer is obvious... someone who is anxiously awaiting the FZ-07 must give up all hope of it being released in the US and go buy something else. I guarantee that within a week of making that purchase Yamaha will announce the US release of the FZ-07!

Problem solved.

Your welcome :p

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure the motor, tank, and frame are all new. As for the blinkers, rims, and seat, I don't know or care. I like the look even if it does look partially derived from the FZ1. Maybe it's the OCD in me, but I prefer a centered instrument cluster as opposed to the offset style.

Like most things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#9 ·
I wouldn't run out and buy a honda just yet, although the new 650's look very very nice, but cost considerably more than the 07. I would venture a bet that they will come to the US if they go to canada. It seems like the 09 is selling well, they might want to ride some of that buzz and bring the 07 here.

#13 ·
I have to believe that if Yamaha didn't have the 847cc FZ-09 that this twin would or could have been a 750 to 850cc offering and right about 85-95 hp but now that would compete with the triples market nitch. I still like the wt. claim of 395# wet, subtracting for fuel, tail tidy,aftermarket exhaust I think this would be around 365# dry wt. Finally some Japanese machines that aren't sport bikes that weigh closer to what I think they should. I too like the centered inst. cluster, I want an -09 and an -07, dang...

#14 ·
According to the docs the displacement was chosen for an ideal mix of power and fuel efficiency, but I'm sure there are many more technically/financially involved reasons. Bottom line though, all the specs say this will be a lot of fun for all riders. This may be really be an important bike. Compared to its competition it is way ahead in price/performance, plus it shares a lot of common parts and accessories with other bikes. According to the rumors I've read we will have to wait until June to find out... even thou I have an 09, I still hate waiting... this new 07 might be a better fit. Wait... what am I saying??? :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.