Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19'' MT-09 SP
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, being an all year rider, my SP is in winter mode with the touring screen and last week, I took the plunge and bought the oem yamaha heated grips. Also bought the extra wiring to plug into the dedicated grip warmer plug and circuit.
Have any of you used these grips on your Mt or any other yamaha?
I feel that the left heats up a lot more than the right. It’s set correctly for 600cc >> bikes.
Pliers Diagonal pliers Font Cable Nipper

someone told me that the oxford grips are a lot better, but that bulky controller doesn’t do it for me…

· Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,365 Posts
I have those exact ones on my MT 10. They are simple to install, dead nuts reliable and look integrated. I only ride down to 45 - 50° and they are perfect. For riding a lot in weather lower than those temps, these don't get super hot....and as stated above, the left does get warmer than the right.

· Registered
3 Posts
Not these, but every grip warmer I've ever had heats up more on the right side. Always made sense to me - the left side is wrapped tightly to a big aluminium heatsink (bars), while the right side goes around a nice plastic insulator (throttle tube). Always irritating, but a fact of life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts