Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
7981 - 8000 of 8003 Posts

· Premium Member
3,391 Posts
View attachment 173099
Got the seat and the belly pan on, have to sand down the rear of the pan to fit the akra exhaust, and then decide on paint.
Hey Dave, this would be a fun project to see in the "Build" section. Most guys keep posting up windscreens and bar end mirrors even though this is the sort of thing that belongs there. I really like the look and I"m curious about the parts and process so how bout sharing. I don't recall that lowered headlight either. When did you do that?

· Registered
100 Posts
Did the same thing once, always use the trip meter since. Not to much pain to get going again I hope. How are those mirrors working, do you have a front picture to share?
mirrors are fine - I can see enough of the road
Had to get the Graves bar end adaptors to install them though and source some longer bolts/screws

will take a pic in about 1 hour when I finish work and head home

· Registered
100 Posts
That sucks.
Did you get roadside assistance, or did you have to walk. :LOL:

At least you had gorgeous weather to think about what you did...
When I was with my wife a month ago, we walked about 500m to the petrol station

but today I order the petrol delivery service. They came within 30 mins

today I was getting blown all over the roads as it was a bit windy today

· Registered
Batmobile
1,195 Posts
All the fairings are premade by S2 concepts, all I've had to do is a little sanding and drilling to make a nice fit. The belly pan sits nicely around my headers and the giant akra muffler and the tail piece is held on with just the bolts that hold on the trim pieces.

You can see it's handmade, there are tiny imperfections and the tail has a small crack that I didn't bother to fill. The more prep and detailed work I put into paint these the more likely I crash on my first lap.

I'll probably do a write up in the builds section once I have it done this weekend. Colorite has a perfect paint match and I think spray cans are going to turn out really nicely, instead of me trying to figure out how to use my sprayer. Hopefully tomorrow I can get out and finish it up, clear has to go on within 12 hours of color coats.

7981 - 8000 of 8003 Posts