Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
7801 - 7820 of 7851 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I feel like a new MT is in my future..
Hey ChrisCO, how come no snow? I figured Denver would be ass deep in early March.
Haha we were actually above average for snowfall in February and same so far in March- happened to take that in between melts, which tends to happen within a week or so of any snowfall here.. On average, Colorado gets the most sunny days of any state in the US, so dry roads are actually more common than white/icy roads throughout winter and most of spring- at least on the east side if the Rockies where the major metro areas lie.

The key is to get a garage/driveway that faces either southeast or southwest, so you're ensured a dry driveway more days than not :coffee:

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Ohh I wish I had your weather @shamrock ! Not that I currently have the time but April 18th will be here soon enough.
I will say the weather is much nicer than it was during your visit a couple of years ago.
Full Disclosure: During Muc's visit the skies were clear and blue but we were riding in a 40/50 degree freezer!

·
Registered
120 Posts
The SP getting her suspension custom tuned for my weight. Definitely rides better. I think the front was bottoming out on pot holes (I'm 250) and it was very rough. Feels much better now. Lots of preload dialed in the rear which fixed the bouncing. The bike also wanted to throw my butt off the seat over whoops in the road out in the rolling countryside. All of this is gone. Highly recommend setting up the suspension for you! 😎
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
How are you finding the little bike? Light? Nimble? Peppy enough?
It took a little time and effort but I have it working pretty good now. The two biggest hurdles were making it feel like a bigger bike and getting it to turn. The K-Tech shock let me raise it up an inch and the rear sets moved my feet back so it no longer feels like I'm sitting on a Cushman Eagle. The shock, some simple fork mods, along with dropping the front end 6 or 7mm and the S22 tires really helped the steering. Now I can lean it over without holding it down.
The engine is a gem and the steel brake lines make stoppies a breeze. I kept the stock exhaust so I can run around the neighborhood like a total asshat and nobody even looks up! So yeah, it's fun.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
960 Posts
It took a little time and effort but I have it working pretty good now. The two biggest hurdles were making it feel like a bigger bike and getting it to turn. The K-Tech shock let me raise it up an inch and the rear sets moved my feet back so it no longer feels like I'm sitting on a Cushman Eagle. The shock, some simple fork mods, along with dropping the front end 6 or 7mm and the S22 tires really helped the steering. Now I can lean it over without holding it down.
The engine is a gem and the steel brake lines make stoppies a breeze. I kept the stock exhaust so I can run around the neighborhood like a total asshat and nobody even looks up! So yeah, it's fun. View attachment 169970
Things you miss when your to busy to notice. A new bike an 07 at that... Looks nice 👍

7801 - 7820 of 7851 Posts