Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
7781 - 7800 of 7887 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks!

For anyone else playing at home:

View attachment 169318
Very interesting lash numbers. The exhaust specs are a tight range, but over a tenth?! That's super loose! The intake range DOUBLES itself. Never seen that before.

Did Yamaha screw up the manual numbers again, or are these known good specs?

And why do the valves " get tight". The are seats wearing away that fast? Are the valves soft? Do they bed in once and settle in?

·
Administrator
2,889 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you. They are OEM and come as standard on the “sport tracker” version of the mt09 ( I believe it’s a European version ). I’m sure I have seen people selling them on eBay when they take theirs off.
They originally come silver but I carbon wrapped mine.

I really like those radiator guards. Where did you get them? Not sure I've seen them before. They look OEM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I really like those radiator guards. Where did you get them? Not sure I've seen them before. They look OEM.
I think I may have posted the pics of my red bike as a reply to KitaBoroMT's post by accident. If you're asking about the radiator guards on the red bike I bought them from Revzilla back in 2017. Puig Radiator Side Covers Yamaha FZ-09 2014-2016. They are even more expensive now than when I bought them but I have seen knock-offs on AliExpress and eBay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think I may have posted the pics of my red bike as a reply to KitaBoroMT's post by accident. If you're asking about the radiator guards on the red bike I bought them from Revzilla back in 2017. Puig Radiator Side Covers Yamaha FZ-09 2014-2016. They are even more expensive now than when I bought them but I have seen knock-offs on AliExpress and eBay.
HAHA and there’s me reading it wrong, I thought it said number boards 😂. My mistake lol.

·
Administrator
2,889 Posts
Thanks! And I found them yesterday after I asked. :LOL:
Very sharp looking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do you like the Seat Concepts saddle? Which model is it? I was considering getting one.
[/QUOTE]
I like the look, the height and the riding position, however: Its one of their new seat pans, not an oem recover, and honestly the fit and finish isnt the greatest for the following reasons:
1) they shipped it with two left side hooks so I had to swap one over from my last seat
2) the seat latch does not engage so I'm still fiddling with that
3) wings at the front where they spread out around the tank causes the seat cover to wrinkle, which is quite disappointing.
4) personal preference issue: the material is too grippy for spirited riding so I'll likely have it recovered
5) the foam is very firm, so we'll see how it treats the soft bits over long rides

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is the rally model.

I like the look, the height and the riding position, however, its one of their new seat pans, not an oem recover, and honestly the fit and finish isnt the greatest for the following reasons:
1) they shipped it with two left side hooks so I had to swap one over from my last seat
2) the seat latch does not engage so I'm still fiddling with that
3) wings at the front where they spread out around the tank causes the seat cover to wrinkle, which is quite disappointing.
4) personal preference issue: the material is too grippy for spirited riding so I'll likely have it recovered
5) the foam is very firm, so we'll see how it treats the soft bits over long rides
[/QUOTE]

7781 - 7800 of 7887 Posts