Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
7701 - 7718 of 7718 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I can never understand how that stuff happens. First of all, they're going so slow to begin with it's like watching it in slow motion. Just glad they're not hurt. (benefits of going so slow, I guess.)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I can never understand how that stuff happens. First of all, they're going so slow to begin with it's like watching it in slow motion. Just glad they're not hurt. (benefits of going so slow, I guess.)
Gets me too. But, you have to consider the poor riding technique of many riders...not looking/scanning far enough ahead, getting surprised by something they didn't see, target fixating/panicking and finally running off the road. Sometimes they get lucky.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,348 Posts
At the Dragon…
Harley-Davidson ride you!
My wife has been looking at Indian Scouts, although we may buy one of the new Sportster "s" models when they finally get them in at the dealers instead. I'm very tempted to ride it when I come to one of the ECR's just to see the look I get from @ChesterBurnet.

Lets be honest here - that guy went off the edge because he was a poorly educated rider, not because the bike lacked some fundamental quality that made it unable to turn. Sure it won't cary the same corner speed as an MT, or basicaly any other type of bike, but you can certainly ride a cruiser around corners without dieing.

·
Premium Member
2,979 Posts
I have been riding Deals Gap for more than thirty years and there isn't many things I haven't seen or been a part of.
I will admit I have witnessed some beautifully ridden Harleys on that road along with some very fast Gold Wings.
However, a very large percentage of those cruiser riders have no idea of what they're doing and are a danger to themselves and everyone else.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,089 Posts
The.. hell? :LOL:
Oh, I wanna play!

What do you mean I don’t lean over? I’m dragging hard parts!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle helmet Helmet

What’s with all these guys riding around with their visors up???
Helmet Tire Wheel Sports gear Motorcycle helmet

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle helmet

And, I mean, do what makes you happy, but that used to be a nice ZRX1100… 😕
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
7701 - 7718 of 7718 Posts