·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Hey, it's how I spent my day and I haven't been wired in years!:cool:

Reactions: abe57

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Just before I retired in 2007 I lowsided my VFR800 in this exact spot and broke my back.
This is on Fontana Road between Deals Gap and the dam.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Helmet

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
That's on my agenda for today. Too cold for ice cream though. I saw your hill blocking view sign north of the Haus.

Rejetted the carb on my DR650 and set up new rear shock, so I'll be doing a similar distance in the same area to fine tune. Ideal weather for riding.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I shared a table with a couple from Port Washington that had the same idea as me. There were people ordering all the way up to closing @ 7:00. Many for ice cream!

Nice ride home from there. I did skip a couple of roads I like to get home before dark. The bugs were getting bad by then, mosquitos were terrible!

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Skeeters have been really bad. I've been running our lab in the marsh while I've had on my bug jacket. Hoping they go away soon.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Recently i went on my first bike trip involving shelter camping.
After getting a new 20mm lens for my camera i decided to have a 3 day trial run, where i would use shelters and scout out the northern part of Denmark.

One of the lighthouses i decided to visit had an area you could have your lunch, and had some unusual item on display. My guess is the therm would be Pet rocks?o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO: and if you desired you could take one out for a short wile.

The shelves on the right contains the special rocks. 😅😅

I wanted to take some milky way shots from Råbjerg mile, but fog and the moon made me abort that this time.

a milkeyway from a no longer in service lighthouse Rudbjerg knude lighthouse.

on my way home i decided to make a quick stop and scout, a near lighthouse for a shot a later time.

Now i am gonna make a shopping list of gear and a kriga tailbag for the tent, sleeping bag matress and tripod.
And also make figure out what else i need for an extended trip in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I really enjoy peabrains lighthouses. I go to Google and type in Northern Denmark lighthouses, click on images until I find the one in his picture and then just start snooping around, not just the lighthouse but the nearby towns and sights as well.
I was fortunate enough to spend a little time in Copenhagen back in 1982 and truly enjoyed the place. I so remember the sidewalk bistros but most of all the little bakeries, OMG the bakeries.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments. 😁

I do not know why but i am always drawn to lighthouses, maybe it is the symbolism you can put with them.
Or the you are able to see natures raw power, or natures tranquility depending on which one you visit.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments. 😁

Or the you are able to see natures raw power, or natures tranquility depending on which one you visit.
I view women the same way but I get dirty looks when I try to photograph them.
Anyway peabrain, just keep getting out there!

7621 - 7640 of 7666 Posts