Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
7581 - 7600 of 7600 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Yamaha MT-09
161 Posts
What I woke up to the morning of July 5th. Sometime between midnight and 6:30am someone plowed into the car parked next to my bike, which then hit my bike. I have no idea how the moving car was able to drive away.

Shop can't look at it until next week, so it will be at least 4-6 weeks from the hit-and-run until I can ride again. Hello darkness my old friend...

Heh, every single motorcycle of the three I've owned has been hit by a car while parked. This is the first time it happened in front of my house, though. I even had a Scorpio Maverick security system to alert me of impacts, though that thing has proven to be as useful as a swiss cheese condom.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What I woke up to the morning of July 5th. Sometime between midnight and 6:30am someone plowed into the car parked next to my bike, which then hit my bike. I have no idea how the moving car was able to drive away.

View attachment 166110

Shop can't look at it until next week, so it will be at least 4-6 weeks from the hit-and-run until I can ride again. Hello darkness my old friend...

Heh, every single motorcycle of the three I've owned has been hit by a car while parked. This is the first time it happened in front of my house, though. I even had a Scorpio Maverick security system to alert me of impacts, though that thing has proven to be as useful as a swiss cheese condom.
Wow that sucks! Sorry bro.
I have a Xena disk lock/alarm, that thing would wake the dead.

·
Registered
'21 Yamaha MT-09
161 Posts
Thanks man.

Oh yea, I also had an ABUS disc lock w/ alarm. But that only goes off for 15 seconds unless there's more movement. And I was sleeping with earplugs due to all the fireworks going off... Live and learn.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thank you :D
If i get my time off in a couple of weeks, my first trip around Denmark on 2 wheels will have its first try. Night and day time shooting is planned.
This year will be a trial run for bigger things planned, dreaming of saving up for a 4-6 week trip around random places in the EU.

·
Super Moderator
4,390 Posts
View attachment 166311

Rode from northwest GA to NC to TN and back to GA 335 round trip. Fun day! If you haven't rode the Cherohala Skyway and live anywhere close go check it out.
Scott, I know you enjoyed that!
There are just so many great roads in the Golden Triangle. Many times I made the 280 mile loop from Suches to Tellico Plains to Deals Gap to Franklin to Highlands to Clayton to Helen and back to Suches. Many weekends we did that ride twice, one day counter clockwise with the next day riding it clockwise.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Scott, I know you enjoyed that!
There are just so many great roads in the Golden Triangle. Many times I made the 280 mile loop from Suches to Tellico Plains to Deals Gap to Franklin to Highlands to Clayton to Helen and back to Suches. Many weekends we did that ride twice, one day counter clockwise with the next day riding it clockwise.
@ridetofish I always love that part of the country! I have never made it a two day trip but would like to. Beautiful Country up there! I am sure you been out to these falls off the Cherohala? The mist felt great across the face!

·
Super Moderator
4,390 Posts
@ridetofish I always love that part of the country! I have never made it a two day trip but would like to. Beautiful Country up there! I am sure you been out to these falls off the Cherohala? The mist felt great across the face!
That road at the falls becomes what I call the "Dirt Skyway". A very fast and fun gravel run into Robbinsville on dualsports like my DR650. I wish I was riding at the moment so I could join you for a little romp. I just love that run on 60/68 from Suches to Tellico Plains.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That road at the falls becomes what I call the "Dirt Skyway". A very fast and fun gravel run into Robbinsville on dualsports like my DR650. I wish I was riding at the moment so I could join you for a little romp. I just love that run on 60/68 from Suches to Tellico Plains.
@ridetofish Well if you decide you wanna go on a little romp I'm up for it, I just cant hit the Dirt highway lol as I don't have a bike for that. I also like 60 up through Morganton then as you said 68 on up to Tellico Plains.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Memories.
We were having breakfast at the Tapoco Lodge on 9/11/2001 when the planes hit the Towers.
The next day we did a dual sport ride over that trail.
The wife of one of my buddies grew up at The Green Cove Campground at the end of the paved road. Her Mom and Dad ran that place for about 35 years.
We've done a bunch of trail riding around there but that one really sticks in my mind because that was the day I realized the World was about to change.
Sep 12 2001 #2.jpg
Sep 12 2001 #4.jpg
Set 12 2001 #3.jpg
Sep 12 2001 #1.jpg

7581 - 7600 of 7600 Posts