Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

7421 - 7440 of 7468 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
No riding for me today, feeling a bit under the weather after my second vaccine and was greeted by this view this morning.
i got my 2nd Pfizer shot over a month ago... besides some soreness at the injection site... i didn't have any side effects. Not really my choice, i had to get it done for school.... :rolleyes::cautious:
switched from the defense industry to the medical field...lol... some ppl buy cars/motorcycles for their midlife crisis, i decided to go back to school...:oops: since i already have the motorcycles and cars...:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Same here on the snow only, not the shot.
Helluva wreck down your way on 41. Saw some video of a semi driver clipping a plow, spinning and rolling the plow in it's side, then almost hitting a stopped semi before going into the median. Dude was going probably 70 into stopped traffic. Some of these guys don't belong behind the wheel.

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
901 Posts
i got my 2nd Pfizer shot over a month ago... besides some soreness at the injection site... i didn't have any side effects. Not really my choice, i had to get it done for school.... :rolleyes::cautious:
switched from the defense industry to the medical field...lol... some ppl buy cars/motorcycles for their midlife crisis, i decided to go back to school...:oops: since i already have the motorcycles and cars...:ROFLMAO:
Same. Full-time student at 41...

·
Registered
136 Posts

I took the girlfriend out for a ride yesterday (and Isabella sat on the passenger seat). It's getting to be mud season up in the mountains and we went through a few areas of run off (snow melting) and got the girlfriend nice and dirty. I need to wash her this week after that mess. I did get to play with the new 360 camera and watched a couple videos when we stopped for lunch. I'll try to edit a couple this week and get them up.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'll try to edit a couple this week and get them up.
Really interested in the results. Also the sound quality.
I was just about to pull the trigger on a GoPro 360° camera earlier today when I remembered you were going to share how good yours is.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Really interested in the results. Also the sound quality.
I was just about to pull the trigger on a GoPro 360° camera earlier today when I remembered you were going to share how good yours is.
I'm the worst at editing after the fact. So I may just throw one straight up onto Youtube from the camera.
I need to get better at editing these things. My girlfriend is getting deployed for a year and I told her I'd make some videos of my rides with the 360 plus a microphone in my helmet. Do a couple motovlogs for her while she's gone.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm the worst at editing after the fact. So I may just throw one straight up onto Youtube from the camera.
I need to get better at editing these things. My girlfriend is getting deployed for a year and I told her I'd make some videos of my rides with the 360 plus a microphone in my helmet. Do a couple motovlogs for her while she's gone.
Sounds fun! Get one of those mic adapters that plugs in to the side of the camera, and run a lapel mic up into the helmet.

Depending on your helmet comm. system, assuming you have one, you might be able to tap into that mic. in your helmet. Failing all that, you could also just get an external audio recorder, then clap your hands or something when recording so you can sync it up. Lots of options.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sounds fun! Get one of those mic adapters that plugs in to the side of the camera, and run a lapel mic up into the helmet.

Depending on your helmet comm. system, assuming you have one, you might be able to tap into that mic. in your helmet. Failing all that, you could also just get an external audio recorder, then clap your hands or something when recording so you can sync it up. Lots of options.
I picked up one of those cheap GoPro knock offs on Amazon that came with an external mic that plugs in. I'm not expecting great quality from it, but it'll do for now. I'll probably test it out this week to see what the sound quality is like.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I picked up a GoPro Max to use with my MT-09 once it arrives. I plan to use it as more of a dashcam, with the added bonus of being able to take cool pics / video. I'll definitely post some footage once I get the bike in ~2 weeks. I plan to go on a weekend road trip through SW Wisconsin (lots of twisties and elevation changes) as soon as I get the bike, knock out as much of the 600 mile break-in as I can.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here's a video from the 360fly. I took it at 1080p, then converted to 4k through the desktop app. I might try taking it in 4k next time and see what it looks like. This is Central City Parkway and you can't see her, but my girlfriend is on the back. You can move the screen around and look at the scenery if you don't want to stare at my dumb ass the whole time. If you have VR goggles that fit a phone in it, you can watch it with those on and it's like you're right there. We tried it last night and it was pretty interesting.

If you get to the end, my girlfriend does a little dance for the camera. 🤣

7421 - 7440 of 7468 Posts