Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

7301 - 7314 of 7314 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 FZ09
26 Posts
My previous owner had a puig screen. It was flat and directed air straight under my chin. The head shake was horrible. I have the M4 slip on with noise limiting core. Much louder than stock but not annoying. MRA is known more in the European bike circles i think. Had 2 on BMW bikes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't want to derail this thread but I'm seriously curious about this. What is your image of the vast majority of people in California? I also really wonder what people outside of the US think the average Californian is like. If you guys are interested in sharing your thoughts, I'll start a different thread so we don't mess this one up.
Yes, start another thread and I’ll write some things about CA people. I transferred here from Charleston, SC to work in Santa Barbara, CA. I’m slowly figuring out why people here are the way they are. Since this is the photo of the day thread I’ll post up this gourmet dog food that I made for a customers dog. Yes, that is peanut butter, whipped cream, house made dog biscuit and this dish is organic, free range non GMO, gluten free, blah, blah, blah. I only charged 30.00 with 22% gratuity.

DB696E38-A221-4866-AED9-D5EFE4BB6925.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
I think I know who tritip55 really is and he's legit!

That dog meal is totally wrong but a chef provides what his customers desire. What's good for their health is not his concern but sadly the dog gets dragged along.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
505 Posts

That dog meal is totally wrong but a chef provides what his customers desire. What's good for their health is not his concern but sadly the dog gets dragged along.

Maybe @tritip55 still makes it out for the 2021 ECR and we can talk him into actually preparing a nice trip tip steak for us, mmmm. Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts

You nailed it Shamrock! This is Camp49, a long time FZ09. Org member. I gotta say that the 2020 ECR was the high light of 2020 for me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
With a little over 42K on the odo it's time for a valve check.
When I did the valves at 19K five of the exhaust valves were really tight so I set them at the larger clearance assuming they would tighten a bit. I was thrilled to see the clearances had virtually not changed between 19K and 42K.
Fuzzy Valve Check! 001.JPG
Fuzzy Valve Check! 003.JPG
Fuzzy Valve Check! 005.JPG

·
Registered
687 Posts
Went out today, put nearly as many miles on today in 1.5 hrs. as the other weekend in 6 hrs. Bought new overpants (FirstGear Jaunt, on clearance @ MotorcycleGear.com) and was comfortable @ 43*. Fox River in Appleton, WI

The big brick building in the background was originally a big knitting mill IIRC and the little white building behind the flag in the second pic was the gatekeeper's house for the dam that you really don't see well from these angles. The gates are all automated these days but the city still maintains the house as somewhat of an historical marker.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
This morning I finished up this maintenance with a throttle body sync and a new clutch cable.
New clutch cables are like new tires------they just feel good.
TBS 002.JPG

7301 - 7314 of 7314 Posts