Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

7281 - 7300 of 7314 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Out on Sat. to and up the Lake Michigan shoreline. 74* inland, 55* lakeside, SE wind. The guy with the Green Kawi kept bitching about it being cold though he was the one that wanted to go that direction instead of staying well inland. Out for 6 hours and only rode 100 miles. May be the last time I ride with him, every ride becomes a buzzkill. Shame as we've done so much together over the years...

View attachment 162104 View attachment 162105

Kewaunee Nuclear Power Station to the north.

View attachment 162106

Point Beach Nuclear Power Station to the south. The tree fell into the water due to the erosion on the shoreline the past few years...the water level has been very high for several years. Thought I had a better picture of the shoreline...

On the way home, found a nail or screw in my rear tire. It held air all the way home, may not be through the carcass. Fingers crossed.
6 hours and only 20 miles? I have an old friend I can no longer ride with because he never goes much above 40 mph, regardless of the posted limit.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Been alternating between the DR, Roadster and long hikes with our lab. Our Indian summer officially ends today. All patio furniture is going into dry storage in our shed before the all day rain begins.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Been alternating between the DR, Roadster and long hikes with our lab. Our Indian summer officially ends today. All patio furniture is going into dry storage in our shed before the all day rain begins.
You could always join your homeboy Barry Mac down here-----our riding season is just getting underway!

·
Registered
134 Posts
If it weren't for the (vast majority of the) people, California would be a great place. As it is, it's a nice place to visit... on special occasions.
I don't want to derail this thread but I'm seriously curious about this. What is your image of the vast majority of people in California? I also really wonder what people outside of the US think the average Californian is like. If you guys are interested in sharing your thoughts, I'll start a different thread so we don't mess this one up.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't want to derail this thread but I'm seriously curious about this. What is your image of the vast majority of people in California? I also really wonder what people outside of the US think the average Californian is like. If you guys are interested in sharing your thoughts, I'll start a different thread so we don't mess this one up.
Bruh

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
456 Posts
As someone who lived there for far longer than I would have ever liked (first as a child and then stationed as a Marine) - that's a bit of a trick question in a state with 33 million people. I've had the "privilege" of having driven pretty much every corner of the state. There isn't an "average" person I can point to.

You have some extreme rurals in Shasta through Bakersfield, desert rats in Barstow through Palm Springs, heavy military presence combined with downright tropical climates in San Diego, PNW vibes from Fort Bragg and Eureka, multiple sprawling metropolis in the Bay and LA, and downright Alpine life in the Sierras. Saying "Average Californian", to me, is as difficult to describe as saying "Average American" or "Average Human".

TL;DR: I have lived there. It's not for me. I am glad the people who live there like it as it is fairly unique.

·
Registered
2018 MT-09
28 Posts
Except for the fairing and quickshifter that is exactly like my bike, even down to the missing cap covering the screw on the mirror.

·
Registered
2018 MT-09
28 Posts
Except for the fairing and quickshifter that is exactly like my bike, even down to the missing cap covering the screw on the mirror.
By fairing I weant wind screen and I just noticed you have an aftermarket exhaust, I don't.

·
Registered
134 Posts
As someone who lived there for far longer than I would have ever liked (first as a child and then stationed as a Marine) - that's a bit of a trick question in a state with 33 million people. I've had the "privilege" of having driven pretty much every corner of the state. There isn't an "average" person I can point to.

You have some extreme rurals in Shasta through Bakersfield, desert rats in Barstow through Palm Springs, heavy military presence combined with downright tropical climates in San Diego, PNW vibes from Fort Bragg and Eureka, multiple sprawling metropolis in the Bay and LA, and downright Alpine life in the Sierras. Saying "Average Californian", to me, is as difficult to describe as saying "Average American" or "Average Human".

TL;DR: I have lived there. It's not for me. I am glad the people who live there like it as it is fairly unique.
Yeah to close out this subject and keep this thread to pics...
My point was that there is no "vast majority of people" in California. Whites are not even the majority actually. The SF Bay Area itself has possibly the most diverse population on the planet. That's why your comment about California being ok except for the vast majority of people was interesting to me.

There are few places in the world where you can pull 10 random people out of the population and have 10 completely different humans with completely different thoughts and ideas. California is one of those places. I've been in all 50 of these United States, I know there's plenty states where you can pull 10 random people out of the population and have 10 people that look the same and basically think the same. To me that's hella boring!

Back to pics... lol.

Thanks for the likes on the pics above. It was an awesome ride with my son, he took 3 of those 4 pics. It might be his last for awhile, he's thinking about selling his '20 MT-09. Too many expensive toys, a very busy job and now a serious girlfriend, totally understandable. I told him maybe in a year or so he'll miss street riding, I'll be ready for a new MT-09 and he can have my '19. lol. I'm betting he'll buy another dirtbike instead, he still enjoys off road more than street.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,011 Posts
View attachment 162173
I have the Mra as well. They were thicker on other bikes I've had. It works well so far for me. Of course everyone has there own results with screens. Red is the fastest color....😁
See, you put a screen like that on the ‘21 and I don’t think anyone would notice (or care about) the new headlight...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeah to close out this subject and keep this thread to pics...
My point was that there is no "vast majority of people" in California. Whites are not even the majority actually. The SF Bay Area itself has possibly the most diverse population on the planet. That's why your comment about California being ok except for the vast majority of people was interesting to me.

There are few places in the world where you can pull 10 random people out of the population and have 10 completely different humans with completely different thoughts and ideas. California is one of those places. I've been in all 50 of these United States, I know there's plenty states where you can pull 10 random people out of the population and have 10 people that look the same and basically think the same. To me that's hella boring!

Back to pics... lol.

Thanks for the likes on the pics above. It was an awesome ride with my son, he took 3 of those 4 pics. It might be his last for awhile, he's thinking about selling his '20 MT-09. Too many expensive toys, a very busy job and now a serious girlfriend, totally understandable. I told him maybe in a year or so he'll miss street riding, I'll be ready for a new MT-09 and he can have my '19. lol. I'm betting he'll buy another dirtbike instead, he still enjoys off road more than street.
Great post. There's a reason California is the world's 5th largest economy.

Reactions: shamrock

·
Registered
35 Posts
View attachment 162173
I have the Mra as well. They were thicker on other bikes I've had. It works well so far for me. Of course everyone has there own results with screens. Red is the fastest color....😁
I inherited it with the bike but so far am pleased. Never heard of MRA before...

What exhaust do you have? Mine has MP4, another brand I would not consider on my own...

7281 - 7300 of 7314 Posts