Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

7221 - 7240 of 7261 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here's a few shots comparing what somewhat clear SF Bay Area to smoke filled SF Bay Area looks like. Today was clear, the smoky shots are from a few weeks ago when it wasn't even close to the worst it's been. In the shots today if you zoom in you can see the buildings of Oakland in the upper left corners, it's about 25-30 miles from this spot. These are from Skyline (highway 35) above Palo Alto. Stanford University is in the right center.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here's a few shots comparing what somewhat clear SF Bay Area to smoke filled SF Bay Area looks like. Today was clear, the smoky shots are from a few weeks ago when it wasn't even close to the worst it's been. In the shots today if you zoom in you can see the buildings of Oakland in the upper left corners, it's about 25-30 miles from this spot. These are from Skyline (highway 35) above Palo Alto. Stanford University is in the right center.

View attachment 161686
I see my old house! Kidding, but I did live in Redwood City for a bit when I was a kid.

·
Registered
95 Posts
2020-10-06_03-54-08 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

4 memorable miles today !!! Yes, 4....

The broken scaphoid is now 6 weeks in and boy is it dragging, so went out for a tester... Was it too early, yeah probably, but OK for 4 miles.

They were all awesome though, pinned through the gearbox on the QS, brappppp, brappppp, braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Awesome !!!

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
690 Posts
Sunset in petrified forest national park, arizona. I believe this was 'pintado point', not 100% it was one of the points on the north side of the park.
Petrified forest

IMG_20200923_172321.jpg

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
690 Posts
Same seat you had during your iron butt?
Or, because of iron butt... NEW SEAT!?
Nah, I've had that seat for a while. Realized pretty quickly that the stocker didn't suit my fat rear.

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Hey, that's Tigersharks neighborhood!

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
That it is and Oldschl and I need to get some rides together. He's been to my house but not with a motorcycle. We're overdue!

My present status is another perfect motorcycle quest "for me". The F700GS is about to be replaced. Dropping 100+ lbs is very appealing. I've done two rides on the KTM 690 SMR and very impressed. Today I tried out a Suzuki DRZ400 SM. Fun little bike with decent build quality and great suspension, but really lacking power. What really turns me off is when you're ringing its neck for power and you feel the dead spot from the rev limiter. Calling it a supermoto and charging a premium is a stretch and I'm not taking the bait. My bimmer battery let me down today. As soon as I replace it, I'll take it back to the dealer for a test ride on their DR650S. I sat on one today and was more impressed by it than the 400. I'm not holding my breath due to its low hp however, but willing to give it a go due to almost 1/2 the sticker price of the KTM. In all fairness, the KTM sports Brembos, Bosch and WP, so there are clearly higher level components. The 75 hp and 360 lbs wet are the ultimate bonus.

Once I get it all sorted out, Old School and I will have to connect. Will keep you all posted.

Good catch on my neighborhood Les.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Tomorrow, me and my lady plan to take the Roadster through those colors and curves. Just got back from a week in Door County with our black lab, Guinness. Beautiful Sugar Maple foliage.

·
Super Moderator
4,265 Posts
My bimmer battery let me down today. As soon as I replace it, I'll take it back to the dealer for a test ride on their DR650S. I sat on one today and was more impressed by it than the 400. I'm not holding my breath due to its low hp however, but willing to give it a go.
I loved the DR650 the minute I sat on it. That machine taught me about preserving momentum and short shifting to ride the torque. I still have that bike and will likely keep it after selling the FZ.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Not to mention $5000 less than the KTM. But I still have to ride the DR before I'm convinced.

How do you feel about your DR's power?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Tomorrow, me and my lady plan to take the Roadster through those colors and curves. Just got back from a week in Door County with our black lab, Guinness. Beautiful Sugar Maple foliage.
The Hamburger Haus was very busy yesterday! Thinking of heading up towards Sturgeon Bay right after lunch...haven't been to Cave Point Park this year.

7221 - 7240 of 7261 Posts