Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

7141 - 7160 of 7190 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My view while having my coffee this morning.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Aye, Keith, livin the dream!

Reactions: blkbrd

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
613 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
What seat is that you have?
Shad comfort seat. It's pretty good. I've done about 50k miles on it so far.

·
Registered
'16 FZ09, Blue
59 Posts
I'm looking for a new seat. Mine is stock. Do have a recommendation and have you tried any of the other seats available?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm looking for a new seat. Mine is stock. Do have a recommendation and have you tried any of the other seats available?
Thanks
I have only tried this one and the stock one. This is much better.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
If you've done 50K on it you must be happy with it. I can't hardly do 50 miles on the stocker. What a pile!
Ya I'm happy with it for sure. I did 50k miles on the stock seat before buying this one. Lol!

·
Registered
'16 FZ09, Blue
59 Posts
Ya I'm happy with it for sure. I did 50k miles on the stock seat before buying this one. Lol!

My hats off to ya if you did that on a stocker. I feel like i've been kicked in the tail 50K times by a mule after 50 miles. How in the world did you pull that off? And why???

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Ride comfort relative to each of our unique physiologies varies greatly. I left sport bikes, because I couldn't take the crappy highways around here. Lately, they've resurfaced a bunch, but I'm happy to have gone to a long suspension ADV bike for smoothing out all the bumps. I miss the adrenaline rush of the fast bikes, but not the ride. I envy those, like Blackbird, who enjoy packing that many miles on an -09.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I just spent two and half months painting the inside of my house. Ms Shamrock even let me decorate the guest room with a motorsports theme. Perfect timing because the summer weather is oppressive and the virus has all the fun places just too risky for an old guy.
McKeathan Lake 002.JPG
McKeathan Lake 003.JPG

Treated myself to a little ride around Brooksville with a stop at McKeathan Lake.
Heading for Tennessee next week!
Ceiling Fan Prop! 001.JPG

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
613 Posts
MAN! What a view. I wouldn't want to break down out there.
It's actually pretty well traveled, you'll see another car every couple minutes at least. I would not want to have to walk to the next town though.
I picked up a guy doing a mc documentary a couple years ago, in the middle of the night, on a road that connects two minor highways, about 90 miles from the nearest building (not even a town). His valk broke down and he was walking....he was really lucky I happened by in my truck. I had not seen any other traffic for hours.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Got out for a 200+ mile ride yesterday, before the rain:

Chute Pond, a little south of Mountain, WI. Spent a lot of time here in my teens, my parents had a place about a mile downstream from here.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Got about 650 kms in today.

7141 - 7160 of 7190 Posts