Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

7001 - 7020 of 7055 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
435 Posts
One of these days I'll get a chance to ride out that way. I've been out there a few times but never on the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Very cool picture Les and glad to hear I’m not the only one that still calls it Deals Gap. First time I ever rode that area was back in 1991 on my old FZ700 and my buddy was on his 1984 FJ1100 on the first trip down.
I know what you mean. I've almost become numb hearing about "The Tail or The Dragon".
Is it possible that you and I may have crossed paths up there at some point over the years?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know what you mean. I've almost become numb hearing about "The Tail or The Dragon".
Is it possible that you and I may have crossed paths up there at some point over the years?
I couldn’t agree more and that is a very good possibility.

I was just down on the Cherohala and surrounding roads a few weeks ago and going back in the fall. Would love to meet up and ride if in the area at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Some stunning blue right there-------------nice shots!

Reactions: peabrain

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
You guys are looking good right there.
Arizona right and who took the photo?

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Stopped by the German Bakery in Yalaha and the dock in Howie-In-The- Hills for some photos on my way home from this mornings ride. (Odometer went past 40K today!)
Tavares Ride--June 2020 003.JPG
Tavares Ride--June 2020 008.JPG

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Nothing like having Elkhart Lake in your back yard! I took an advanced road course there on my FZ–09. Out of 20 bikes in my class, the 09 got all the attention.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Saw a bunch of '09's and XSR's the last 2 days! Had several people stop and talk to me specifically because of the bike.

I really wanted to take my little Bandit today but being able to stash everything in the bags was just too convenient.

And yeah, back yard for sure. It takes me approx 35 minutes to ride there! (all depending on how much I bruise the speed limits)

·
Super Moderator
4,208 Posts
There is nothing quite like Road A in June. Fabulous track, great food and super friendly people. My favorite of all the tracks I've ever visited. And that includes Laguna Seca.

7001 - 7020 of 7055 Posts