Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

6881 - 6887 of 6887 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Made it out for a quick loop on a local favorite before work today. The pass is finally open - it was a bit chilly lowest I noticed on the bike display said 50F, but the road surfaces were good and there was no traffic at all.
A few buddies and I rode down from Washington last summer and rode that area, Reno/ Markleeville/ Monitor Pass/ Sonora Pass and then HWY49 to Auburn/ Grass Valley. FANTASTIC day of riding!
We left Reno early and got to Monitor Pass to catch the early morning sun, such a beautiful area.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hey Jaron-----Montana? Right?

(Full Disclosure: I am not a stalker)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey Jaron-----Montana? Right?

Haha, no Les this is Virginia believe it or not! A tiny town that consists of a general store and a church, where the rivanna and James River meet. The rest is untouched forest - or forested land. Quiet as a mouse out there unless my triple is rumbling through.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Haha, no Les this is Virginia believe it or not! A tiny town that consists of a general store and a church, where the rivanna and James River meet. The rest is untouched forest - or forested land. Quiet as a mouse out there unless my triple is rumbling through.
"So it's Columbia Virginia and SR 659 seems to be the nice way into town". There, fixed it for ya. 😃
I can only imagine what that area would look like during the autumn leaf season and you're right about it being small. Wilki has the population at 83!

·
Registered
232 Posts
"So it's Columbia Virginia and SR 659 seems to be the nice way into town". There, fixed it for ya. 😃
I can only imagine what that area would look like during the autumn leaf season.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I don't think I came via SR 659, This was a ride on a whim, I have family that was born and raised out that way, 4 generations buried out there. Didn't know you wanted specifics! Good find though, Columbia is relatively unknown.

6881 - 6887 of 6887 Posts