Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

6861 - 6880 of 6903 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
If you're talking to me, then no. CT/NY
Okay then, now I know where the photos were taken. So the gas station is in Connecticut and the cars are in New York.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
345 Posts
Okay then, now I know where the photos were taken. So the gas station is in Connecticut and the cars are in New York.
Welcome to the forum.
Shamrock seems to be a bit of a stalker....likes to know where everyone lives.....;)

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
You guys make it sound like "pervert" is a bad thing!🐑
(Full Disclosure: I don't care where anyone lives but I sure do like to know where they ride)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Almost. :LOL: I believe the gas station was in NY but very close to the CT border. The cars are in CT, at least for the moment. I live on Manhattan but usually only take the Touareg down considering the M2 is a track car and NYC potholes. Not sure where to have the bike yet.

Thanks for the welcome.

Shamrock seems to be a bit of a stalker....likes to know where everyone lives.....;)
:ROFLMAO:

You guys make it sound like "pervert" is a bad thing!🐑
(Full Disclosure: I don't care where anyone lives but I sure do like to know where they ride)
Anywhere there are good roads. Seems to be Northwestern CT and upstate NY (Harriman's / Bear Mtn area) - at least for what's easily accessible to me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Met my Dad on his way up to my place for a visit. Glad we’re getting closer to normal again, and we can do some visits and rides together. My dad purchased the Street triple in January, and has put almost 4000km on it so far! His first motorcycle in 30 something years!

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dad and I riding Local back roads near my place today, dodging the localized rain storms. Rode the Street triple for the first time. It’s more like an in-line 4 than our bikes. Bars are lower closer, really nice nimble feeling bike. The FZs makes a lot more punch down low. Can’t say my dad made anything but a good call picking this thing up.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Street triples are amazing bikes with top notch quality parts. I have 3 friends with them.

If the triple had more torque down low and better ergonomics for people with bad backs, I'd be all over it.

I love the triumphs line of bikes, you can tell they are built with passion.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
If I had way better road surfaces, I’d love to have a Thruxton R. The epitome of their vertical twin heritage.

Funny thing with Triumphs are the responses on Street Triples vs Speed Triples. The Speed T is supposed to be the big daddy, but most of what I’ve read were negative, whereas the Street model gets rave reviews. I’ve test ridden a Street Triple and, personally, didn’t like it. I found the extremely high revs very buzzy and an annoying sound. My negative reaction was immediate and ended the test ride within a half dozen miles. Not everyone likes the same stuff, which is a good thing. I’ve had three other Triumphs and really liked two of them. The third, a Tiger 800 XCX was great, but way too tall and top heavy for me. My first was a Bonneville in the 60s, which was a very popular classic. My second was a Tiger 1050 which was a truly outstanding triple. They do make great bikes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If I had way better road surfaces, I’d love to have a Thruxton R. The epitome of their vertical twin heritage.

Funny thing with Triumphs are the responses on Street Triples vs Speed Triples. The Speed T is supposed to be the big daddy, but most of what I’ve read were negative, whereas the Street model gets rave reviews. I’ve test ridden a Street Triple and, personally, didn’t like it. I found the extremely high revs very buzzy and an annoying sound. My negative reaction was immediate and ended the test ride within a half dozen miles. Not everyone likes the same stuff, which is a good thing. I’ve had three other Triumphs and really liked two of them. The third, a Tiger 800 XCX was great, but way too tall and top heavy for me. My first was a Bonneville in the 60s, which was a very popular classic. My second was a Tiger 1050 which was a truly outstanding triple. They do make great bikes.
my dad was seriously looking at a Thruxton or speed twin, before he rode my wife’s Kawi er6n (the naked 650 ninja) last summer and really enjoyed riding a more “sporty” bike. When he went and sat and looked at the retro triumphs he shifted his look to the street twin or 790 duke. I think he made a great choice, he thinks I made a great choice with my FZ09... win win!! and I have an M4 Rm1 and can’t find the Baffle, I enjoyed a bit of piece and quiet while I got to ride his bike!!! Haha. He’s put about 4000km on the bike, and looks really solid with his riding and cornering. Not a bad start to retirement!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
3 FZ-09s in Gravenhurst Ontario yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
345 Posts
Got a couple of these saved up....rode this loop Redding loop - Google My Maps
Fair warning, about 20% of that is logging roads of questionable quality. The ride out 299, and up french gulch was nice, but it would be an out and back if you aren't brave enough for the dirt road parts.
IMG_20200519_162026.jpg

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That seat is rockin...

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
345 Posts
Made it out for a quick loop on a local favorite before work today. The pass is finally open - it was a bit chilly lowest I noticed on the bike display said 50F, but the road surfaces were good and there was no traffic at all.

Monitor2.jpg
Monitor1.jpg

6861 - 6880 of 6903 Posts