Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

6841 - 6860 of 6887 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
353 Posts
Nice. Have you had any problems with the bike in those 10k
I wouldn't say problems. The engine and bike have run excellently! I did buy an aftermarket seat immediately and I upgraded the suspension with a new rear shock and fork cartridges. I'm a pretty heavy guy at about 250 lbs fully geared, had I been more average in weight I probably wouldn't have bothered.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ride a lot with my daughter. When I’m by myself 160lbs it feels pretty good. But when I ride with her 100lbs it bounces all over the place. I messed with the forks but can’t get it settled.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
353 Posts
I ride a lot with my daughter. When I’m by myself 160lbs it feels pretty good. But when I ride with her 100lbs it bounces all over the place. I messed with the forks but can’t get it settled.
Yeah I don't ride two up, but it was pretty darn bouncy with just me. That upgrade was probably the best dollar for dollar mod I made to the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Here we go again------------------which beach might that be?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol, that would be beautiful Pensacola beach Florida. I never really take pictures of my vehicles very much but I have a few good local spots this bike would look good in front of so I'm sure I'll submit a few more before summer is over.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
318 Posts
Made it out to Virginia city Nevada today. Weather was a bit cold, especially at the top of the pass.
IMG_20200512_144027.jpg

IMG_20200512_145100.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
318 Posts
Today was a bit chilly; bold move, Cotton. Did you take Toll all the way up?
Hey - you recognized the road....I took Geiger grade down on my way into town and I saw 'toll road' at the top and bottom. Figured they must connect so on the way up I took Toll the entire way. It was a fun detour, the xsr did surprisingly well on that service road in B mode and TCS 2. There was only one small stretch where it was loose sand and pea stone that made me a little nervous, the rest of the ride up was just putting along 20mph-ish. It was nice also because my legs were freezing by the time I hit reno on the way down - toll was slow enough that I didn't get the wind chill so I stayed warm on the way back up.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
You live in Alaska right?

6841 - 6860 of 6887 Posts